I'm out of this forum.

For real. This whole place sucks. It hasn’t helped me. I’m sure you’re good people, but people come here asking if the smallest **** is a sin. You people reinforce scrupulous behavior. What makes you such know it alls anyways? just random people behind their computer screens. This all an awful tyranny of opinion. I’m out of here. I’d recommend other people to do the same too. Go ask your priest if you want real answers- or your parents- someone you know personally to be upright and true… Not fake internet people. Peace out, n00bs.

The Bible & the CCC :slight_smile:

[quote=DatGangaStuff]Go ask your priest if you want real answers- or your parents- someone you know personally to be upright and true…
[/quote]

They use the Bible & the CCC too :slight_smile:

[quote=DatGangaStuff]Not fake internet people. Peace out, n00bs.
[/quote]

Are u fake? :slight_smile:

God bless fellow n00b :slight_smile:

Oh my…so much cynacism

If today you hear God’s voice…harden not your heart.

okay, well, like ciao dat, and see ya in the movies i guess.

Goodbye :slight_smile:

Such great insight after 22 posts. I suspect its not that we acted like we knew it all so much as it is you didnt get the affirmation of your personal beleifs you wanted. Funny how the TRUTH gets in the way sometimes.

At any rate good luck and we’ll leave a light on for you if you decide to come back

For real. This whole place sucks. It hasn’t helped me. I’m sure you’re good people, but people come here asking if the smallest **** is a sin. You people reinforce scrupulous behavior. What makes you such know it alls anyways? just random people behind their computer screens. This all an awful tyranny of opinion. I’m out of here. I’d recommend other people to do the same too. Go ask your priest if you want real answers- or your parents- someone you know personally to be upright and true… Not fake internet people. Peace out, n00bs.

Now, don’t make any assumptions here. Mainly, don’t make the mistake of thinking this forum shows the sum total of the spirituality of everyone who comes on it. Just from reading this board, one might get the impression we all spend all of our time worrying about minor sins and never get around to loving. That just isn’t true: Many people on this board only visit it fairly occasionally and don’t spend nearly all of their time worrying about venial sins.

Second, do not equate the devout and knowledgable Catholics on this extremely well-moderated board with any people one meets anywhere on the internet. Posters on this board very often do know eachother in real life, make their credentials freely known, and are pressed to cite their sources on Catholic teaching very often. With even a little bit of a critical eye, this is a reliable resource.

Finally, just because this board influenced you to be scrupulous and did not help you certainly doesn’t mean it influences everyone to be scrupulous., or that it does not help anyone. If it makes you scruplous, absolutely, it would be prudent to stay away, at least for a while. But another new poster may not have the same difficulty.

God bless.

First of all, the instigator of this thread has a strange handle, don’t you all think? Secondly, there are many threads here, not all of them are agonizing over some fine point of sin with a bunch of opinionated responses. I don’t click on most of the threads here. The thread title is usually a pretty good clue as to what the subject matter will be discussed. Most of the threads look uninteresting to me.

The opinions expressed here reflect the real thoughts of real people, and the human race is a very egotistical group of people. Lots of people are arrogent know it alls, I agree.

My last point is that dramatic exits like this are silly. They strike me as drama queenish. Also, I don’t know how helpful this site it, but it’s a nice place to discuss things with a bunch of strangers, some of whom are very intelligent. It’s a relaxing diversion at times, but not always edifying or spititually helpful.

Will the real exorsist please stand up:eek:

:wave: Bye-bye

Alright- I can see this is all going the wrong way. I’m not trying to be drama queenish, I’m just trying to articulate the fact that maybe I’m not meant for internet apologetics- either that or I’m the worst Catholic ever because I cannot get along with anyone.
To the pompous Estebob. You don’t know me so don’t start thinking I’ve left because I’m in denial of something. I know my sins- you don’t. They are between me and God and I’m working them out.
I started to obsess about this stuff though way too much and thats not healthy. It is far healthier, I think to speak with flesh and blood people face to face.
Oh- I have a strange handle, huh? Good way to make it seem like I’m some sort of freak that stumbled into your secret orthodox hide out. Its just a name. Chill out and get a sense of humor about stuff.
Cheyaaaaaaaaah. Peace out people.

I am going to guess that you got on this forum because you really are looking for help, and you are up to your eyesballs in something that you know is all wrong. I will also guess that you feel trapped in some sin or hurt and don’t know how to get out. My guess is based on the fact that you accuse people on this forum of not helping you (see underlined parts). Yet you say you are sure many of us are good people, and then you insist that many of us are fake internet people. And then you accuse people of reinforcing “scrupulous behavior”–how is that a problem?

I do not know if you are just playing with us, but something tells me you aren’t deep down. There is no righteous person in the world apart from Christ–not one. We are all sinners and we all have been made to fall by people who have hurt us. If you really want to be healed and to be forgiven, go to the Lord. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you in a living way. He promises that if we seek Him with all our heart, we will find Him. I will pray the Lord’s mercy on you.

Gee i wonder why? Could it be maybe because you called a bunch of Catholics n00bs?

You could’ve been more charitable in the way ou said it, or not said it at all, but I agree if you immerse yourself in certain discussions they can reinforce scrupulous behavior. I mean one topic has a guy calling Nacho Libre the Jack Black movie irreverent and satanic, and he feels sorry for anyone who enjoys the film, I mean get a grip. This board has both helped me and hurt me, I don’t know I guess I don’t take it that seriously anymore, I know most people here myself included aren’t nearly as arrogant and opinionated as they come off.

Somehow, as I read your post, the word “articulate” never came to mind.

If you’re not cut out for internet apologetics, that’s fine. Why you saw a need to let us know that, and to do so by denigrating us, is far from obvious.

:wave:

Internet Apologetics is not for everyone. It is very hard to interpret “tone” just from written words.

Unless one can constantly give the benefit of the doubt as to “tone” until it becomes clearer, one truly is better off not participating in internet apologetics.

One post seems funny to one person, for example your name;) , seems odd and out of place to another. All people “see” are your name and the few posts you have done. Your “tone” may have been meant to be something else, but your original post in this “sounded” angry and discontented. Your response right before this one had a flippant and disrespectful “tone”. Maybe neither is correct, but one does tend to get back a response in the same tone that people percieve, even by those who try hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

Certainly if you think that this site is encouraging scruplocity from you, you should refrain from coming. If you find you are unable to give the benefit of the doubt and get mad more often than not, you may wish to reconsider participating in this kind of forum.

But if you can get over the scruplocity and learn to write and respond in a manner that reflects the love of Christ more often than not, I would encourage you to stay. Sometimes practice and time does help.

God Bless,
Maria

And if glimmer is correct, and the problem is not scrupulocity but rather wishing for someone to tell you that the sin you feel trapped in is okay, and no one will, read glimmers words again.

We are all sinners and we all have been made to fall by people who have hurt us. If you really want to be healed and to be forgiven, go to the Lord. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you in a living way. He promises that if we seek Him with all our heart, we will find Him.

And if Catholic, the absolute best way is to ask this forgiveness while in the presence of a priest. The healing and forgiveness is just there waiting for you to take advantage of it.

And if glimmer was wrong?

Peace, and remember that the intent of both glimmer and I was to try to reach out and help someone who we though was hurting and try to help them see the love of Christ.

God Bless,
Maria

From reading your posts it appears the issue of the illegal software is an issue with you leading to the charges leveled in this forum. You are fretting over music made on illegal software being able to be used, and getting caught up in semantics, it’s actually really easy.

1. Illegal software = stealing so it’s a sin, the same thing as if you went into CompUSA and stole the software off the rack.
  2. Once you purchase a legal copy any and all music you made is perfectly fine.

I’ve dealt with this in certain jobs where the companies were not licensed appropriately, simply correct it by purchasing the appropriate license and move on with your life, and enjoy your music. Software is expensive but that’s because it takes hundreds of development hours to produce it. You’re paying someone for their labor. There’s nothing to get scrupulous about here.

you get flies with vinegar, and bees with honey… thats the old saying. and it will never go out of style.

stick around. you’ll learn a lot here.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.