I'm ready to jump ship

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to ask for prayers, because I'm not sure I can still be salvaged, but I thought I would make one last ditch effort to try to dredge up some little shred of faith in the Catholic church. There was a time when I loved this church more than life itself, but now I have to force myself to attend and even occasional Mass. If there is still anything left for me, I need to find it.

Love and prayers.
Hugs, Trishie

You're worn out. You've had a lot of major traumas in a fairly short period of time.
There is nothing surprising in feeling as you do.

Grant me Your Spirit

Holy Spirit, I need wisdom, discernment and unconditional love. Will You share Yours with me? Help me to persevere in these necessary virtues, even where there is wounding within me greater than anyone is aware. Help me to carry my daily responsibilities with faith and hope.

Help me to forgive those who have sinned terribly against me or my loved ones. I need healing for injuries and scars that prevent me from fully becoming the person I am created to be. Come into my mind and soul, and help me through the rest of my life.

I need You, Holy Spirit. Please access the gifts and beauty of my unique creation in God’s image. For others’ benefit and for Your glory, give me a deep appreciation and use of the goodness, loveliness joy and blessing of this creation that You mean me to be.

I am about to go say my daily rosary, and you’ll be included. Hang in there…

Act of Spiritual Communion

O Jesus I turn toward the holy tabernacle where You live hidden for love of me. I love you, O my God. I cannot receive you in Holy Communion. Come nevertheless and visit me with Your grace. Come spiritually into my heart. Purify it. Sanctify it. Render it like unto Your own.

Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldst enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Dearly Beloved,

I will have you in my prayers.

*“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.” *

*“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.”*Ephesians 3: 14-21]

Dearest friend in Christ,
Please do not give up hope! +Jesus, your Savior+ has conquered sin and death! +His Light+ has conquered the darkness! Even though for a time, you may have to suffer trials and tribulations, there is One Who knows your pain and He asks you now to unite it fully to +His Cross+ and you will be blessed with the gift of perseverance!
This is my prayer for you, beloved child of God, that Our dearest Heavenly Mother will hold you close to Her Immaculate Heart, and lead you deep into the +Sacred Heart of Jesus+.
YOU ARE LOVED, YOU ARE PRECIOUS, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
I thank God for your life. Now,go out and bless others who are in need of your special care.
May your guardian Angel protect you from all harm!
May love and faith well up in your heart again, and may God in His mercy, hear and answer
your prayers, in His perfect time and according to His holy plan for your life.Amen
Jesus, we trust in YOU!

marthagreys, I am currently reading, “Come be my Light” a book about Mother Teresa who went through a dark period. I think that you may be going through something similar.
Don’t give up. I believe that God has a plan for you.

I am praying for you …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

*I do not know your circumstances but I have suffered and if it were not for the Church I don’t know where I would be today.

You say that at one time you loved the Church more than life itself. If someone in the Church hurt you just remember that you cannot reject Peter because of Judas.

You cannot blame the Church for what happens in your life.

Remember that trials and tribulations is what often bring us closer to God and His Church.

You say you have to force yourself to attend Mass? But Christ is present in the Tabernacle always - he is your refuge. We go to Mass of offer ourselves to Him - we go to give and of course we get.

Remember Jesus said “Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood, abide in me and I in them” (John 6:56) and then in John 15:4 Jesus says “Abide in me and I in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me,”

Remember also that when the disciples turned away from Jesus because they couldn’t accept his teaching He turned to his Apostles and "So Jesus asked the twelve “Do you also wish to go away?” and Simon Peter answered “Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life”.*

So my dear friend, who would you turn to, with whom would you abide if you turn away from Jesus’ body, blood, soul and divinity in the Blessed Sacrament??? He is our refuge and our strength and no matter how you hurt or who hurt you He is there for you waiting…

God love you
Cinette:):slight_smile:

Friend,

Rest assured … God loves you so much.

I lift you in prayer.

Peace today and always.
Kathleen

“I am simply content to find myself always imperfect, and in this I find my joy. Good deeds count as nothing, if done without love” ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

I'm sorry...what exactly is the problem you have with The Catholic Church?

Praying hard for you.

:hug1:

prayers for you… don’t give up! Ask God to hold on to you and try to turn to Him despite feelings or difficulties. Maybe you can go to a church and pray before the Tabernacle and just talk to God, - I mean really talk to Him, from your heart?

prayers for you!!

Whatever you decide I’ll keep you and your son and daughter in my prayers.
God bless you all.

Father help us to recover where injury goes beyond ordinary forgiveness and our hearts are in some way crushed, and our lives changed and devalued. Help us to find a way to forgive when we cannot smile or encounter the offending person with warmth because they have destroyed something in us.

Father please help us to forgive when we cannot forgive…and we cannot forgive because they do not understand how badly they have hurt us, and do not seek in any real way to acknowledge or try to heal the hurt they imposed on us. And even when we tried to tell them from the bottom of our heart but they would not listen, please help us to forgive.

Father help us to forgive when those who hurt our lives do not even remember how badly they have wounded us, and go on with their lives without concern, while we remain still held in some kind of time capsule with the consequences of their unfeeling and uncaring and attack.

Father, help us to forgive when those who wounded us by ignoring our needs and requests, yet who desire us to ignore their offence, and expect us to respond to their hints or manipulations while they make no concessions or apologies.

Help us to forgive those who impose their own conditions and rules upon us, without respecting that our hurt is real and radical, while they make us feel that they only desire our capitulation without justice, apology, or generosity from them.

Father please free us, free me, in forgiveness that comes from Your Son, innocent, and murdered, but forgiving.

Praying for you.

Don’t do it! I jumped, and am hanging on by a rope on the side of the ship! It is confusing and discouraging out here. So many churces claming to have the truth,and stabbing each other in the back. I have been up all night listening to John Michael Talbot songs, and have been greatly encouraged. Stay home, stay with Jesus. Trust one who has been through the mill. Lord Jesus Christ,only Son of the living God, forgive me of my sins and strengthen me to stand for you in times of persecution and doubt. Help my brothers and sisters in their times of trial and doubt. Amen The one thing I miss the most is the Eaucharist. The Protestant chuches have reduced it to merely a symbolic ritual, but I always beleived because of the words of Jesus ,“This is my body,…”,not because of the words of man.

Prayed for you at Mass today

It is very good that you desire to find something. God knows the depths of each and every heart and hears the faintest whisperings of our souls. Even if you did not have it within yourself to ask for prayers here, God would know your desires. Rejoice and be thankful for your desire. God will answer.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.