I'm ready to just give up

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

Holly, you will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

You are in my prayers too!

You have received many loving and insightful comments here. The devil is tempting you to give up. He is trying to tell you that if you just leave the Church it will all be better. But the sin will still be there, there just won’t be any way for you to receive God’s sanctifying grace. Your whole life will be a battle against sin, so quitting now would be silly!!

Hang in there. Take one day at a time, and don’t stop asking God to come into your heart and destroy the parts that are disobedient. Repeat over and over: “Jesus, I trust in You”!!!

We love you Holly. Everyone here loves you and we will not give up on you, so please don’t give up on yourself!

An Act of Faith
"O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine Person, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; I believe that Thy Divine Son became man, and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, who canst neither deceive nor be deceived. Amen."

An Act of Hope
"O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen."

An Act of Charity
"O my God, I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all good and worthy of all love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured. Amen."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.