I'm really depressed right now

Hi everyone. I am really depressed right now. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you.

I’m sorry to hear about your depression, Holly. I have struggled with it in the past, and medication helped me then.

I will say a prayer that God helps you.

Holly, get to a dr. :slight_smile:

I say this as someone who has depression and anxiety disorders. My meds helped to clear the fog of depression, and helped me get out of the darkness so that I could see my way again.

Lots of prayers and hugs!

Praying for you Holly…asking some of my go-to-guys in heaven to pray as well.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holly, I pray that you can unite your suffering to Jesus’ on the cross and offer it up for the salvation of your soul and all souls. I pray your day gets better and that true joy enters your life again really soon. Peace!

Holly, this is not your first thread on being depressed. And on your last thread you said you had been depressed to the point of feeling suicidal. I am worried. I agree that you should get to a doctor ASAP for starters… depression is cyclical and it needs treatment.

I know sometimes people think they are at fault or weak or some such thing… get this book written by a Pauline nun. Surviving Depression: A Catholic Approach by Kathryn Hermes, ISP It will help you understand what is going on with you. It is very cheap used on Amazon.

Hi Bailey. I am scheduled to see my doctor next Monday. And yes, I was depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts again yesterday. :frowning:

Holly I pray the doctor will advise and help you wisely.:slight_smile:
God grant you peace, and a good purpose in your daily life that will give you pleasure and satisfaction, and perhaps even be of help to others, which would make you happy.:slight_smile:

PRAISE THE LORD FOR GRANTING YOU WISDOM!!! :whackadoo:

PM if you need support in the meantime… I’ll be checking e-mail notifications on and off till late Friday morning. Then I’ll be out of town at another hockey tournament (my son–see the about me. it’s a never ending thing :eek:)

I want to know how Monday goes!!! PM me then if you don’t before hand!!! I am sooo happy for you that you are wise! Bravo! :thumbsup:

Holly I am sorry to hear this. :hug3:

I also struggle with depression and it worsens this time of year. I have SAD (funny name huh?) It’s Seasonal Affective Disorder and most people who have it, their regular depression worsens when the daylight hours are so few and you are cooped up inside due to the cold and all that not so fun stuff. Might want to mention it to your doctor.

I will pray for you. Please private message me if you need to talk further, I totally understand this cross. It’s so difficult and I’m sorry you are struggling through it. :console:

Praying hard.

Praying for you and for Peace Holly…

Hey Holly 3278, I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed, and I will remember you in my prayers. God bless you and I hope that you have a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.