I'm sick with a bad cough

Hi everyone. I have recently come down with a bad cough. I have also been wheezing a lot. The other day at my doctor’s office, the doctor (actually a nurse practitioner) said that I was wheezing and she put me on a powerful antibiotic (Zithromax I believe), an inhaler, and a cough suppressant. I haven’t yet been able to get these filled as I don’t really have the money (well, I do but I’m saving the money for something important). My step-mom is going to give me the money tomorrow to get my prescriptions filled. I have been getting sick with the same thing repeatedly like 3 times now. Please pray that I finally kick this thing in the but and that it will go away permanently this time.

Take care of yourself, Holly and do take the whole course of antibiotics. I’m glad your step-mom is helping you.

Do stay faithful to your medications. Love, Trishie :slight_smile:

I hope you lick this thing, know you were pretty sick a while back too, praying for you

Thanks Trishie and PuzzleAnnie. :slight_smile: Your prayers are greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Almighty and Eternal God,
You are the everlasting health of those who believe in You.
Hear us for Your sick servant, Holly
for whom we implore the aid of Your tender mercy,
that being restored to bodily health,
she may give thanks to You in Your Church.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Remember, O gracious
Virgin Mary, that never was
it known that anyone who
fled to thy protection, implored thy
help or sought thy intercession was
left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly to thee,
O Virgin of Virgins and
my Mother; to thee I
come, before thee I kneel,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but
in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

You will be in my prayers.

Thanks everyone for your prayers! I am now feeling fine except for the lingering cough which I am still coughing as much as what I was when I was worse.

+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your healing.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying for your return to good health!

Thanks everyone. Anyway, as you all know, I might be pregnant. Well, I found out last night from an on call doctor that I cannot take my cough medicine or my anti-depressants until I know whether or not I am pregnant for sure. I’m also only supposed to use the inhaler if I absolutely need it. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative but I think it’s still too early to tell whether or not I am pregnant.

God bless you–I pray that you recover quickly…also, find a good vitamin c supplement. (like a timed release one) I take Ester C and it’s awesome…

Praying for you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

May I suggest you look at your lifestyle to see if there’s anything you’re doing that might be debilitating?

[LIST]
*]Smoking
*]Drinking alcohol
*]Eating junk food
*]No exercise
*]Little rest
*]Less than 8 hours sleep a night and yawning during the day.
[/LIST]

When I don’t get my 10 hours kip, I start sniffling and sneezing. Regular as clockwork.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.