I'm so depressed

Hi everyone. I am so depressed right now. I fell into a state of mortal sin again last night after having gone to confession and received the Eucharist yesterday evening. I feel like I have betrayed God and myself. I despaired of God’s mercy last night. I know that God is merciful and that I can seek His forgiveness but I feel so bad for having betrayed Him like I did. :frowning: Please pray for me.

Remember perfect acts of contrition and penance!

Hate sin and love God!

The angels rejoice when a sinner returns to God!

Acts of Contrition

Forgive me my sins, O Lord, forgive me my sins; the sins of my youth, the sins of my age, the sins of my soul, the sins of my body, my idle sins, my serious voluntary sins, the sins I know, the sins I do not know; the sins I have concealed so long, and which are now hidden from my memory. I am truly sorry for every sin, mortal and venial, for all the sins of my childhood up to the present hour. I know my sins have wounded Thy Tender Heart, O my Savior. Let me be freed from the bonds of evil through Thy most bitter Passion, O my Redeemer. O my Jesus, forget and forgive what I have been.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and avoid the near occasions of sin.

Asperges me

Thou shalt sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop and I shall be cleansed; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall become whiter than show. Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy.

Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et mundabor: lavabis me, et super nivem dealbador. Miserere mei, Deus, secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.

Prayer of St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori
’O My Jesus, Look Not on My Ingratitude to Thee. . .'
from ‘The True Spouse of Jesus Christ’

O my Jesus, look not on my ingratitude to Thee, after all Thy mercies, but turn Thy eyes to Thy own merits, and to the pains that Thou hast suffered for me, from the crib of Bethlehem to the cross of Calvary. I repent, with my whole soul, of all the offences that I have offered to Thee. From this moment I consecrate to Thee my life, which I desire to spend in doing all that I can to obey and to love Thee. I love Thee, O my Redeemer, but I love Thee too little; for Thy mercy’s sake, increase in my soul Thy love. Hear my prayer O Jesus, and make me, by Thy grace, continue to repeat this prayer. O love of my soul, O that my heart may burn continually with Thy love. I have offended Thee grievously; but for the future I desire to love Thee intensely. I desire to love Thee alone, because Thou alone descrvest to be loved above all things; and I desire to love Thee for no other reason than because Thou art worthy of all love.

O Mary, my mother and my hope, assist me.

Our Father, Ave Maria, Glory be. .

‘How often I failed in my duty to God, because I was not leaning on the strong pillar of prayer.’

St. Teresa of Jesus

‘To abstain from sinful actions is not sufficient for the fulfillment of God’s law. The very desire of what is forbidden is evil.’

St. John Baptist de la Salle

I’ll pray for you :hug1:. Remember to try to make a perfect act of contrition. Tomorrow is Saturday, if you don’t make it to confession today, confession is usually scheduled at many parishes on Saturday. What ever you’re dealing with, what ever the sin, know that you are still lovable, and that God still loves us. Try to avoid even more any near occasion of sin. If you feel tempted yet again some time, remember Jesus, and remember purgatory (sometimes I forget about purgatory). As much grief that mortal sin causes, remember next time this grief, and that it isn’t worth it. Take comfort in Jesus, and find peace that He has given us the sacrament of reconciliation. God bless you!

I pray the following prayers in times of doubt, it has been a great comfort to me.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Holding you in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Amen.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. They mean a lot to me. :slight_smile:

Praying for you, Holly.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying for you Holly.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.