I'm so happy.

Tommarow I am going outta town for a funeral that will be on monday. I was VERY happy to find out that the local church there has a mass at 3:00pm, we should be getting there at around noon.

here is my problem…

I don’t know if I will be able to make it. It is a VERY small town, and it’s probably a walk away, but I think that my family will be with my other family, comforting them. If I can’t make it, is it a sin? I hate going to mass alone.

Do you have your driver’s license yet? If so, maybe you could ask to borrow a car if it’s too far to walk.

If not, sounds like there will be a lot of family there. Surely someone could give you a ride.

Are your parents Catholic? Will they try to go?

It is your responsibility to try to make it to church every Sunday, but as a minor if you have no way of getting there, you are not held responsible.

[quote=Didi]Do you have your driver’s license yet? If so, maybe you could ask to borrow a car if it’s too far to walk.

I get my license in one week! Man I can’t wait

If not, sounds like there will be a lot of family there. Surely someone could give you a ride.

I think I can to, I honestly think I can walk.

Are your parents Catholic? Will they try to go?

Yes, both of my parents are Catholic, they really dont realize the importance of going to church on sundays when you got “Other Things” to do .

It is your responsibility to try to make it to church every Sunday, but as a minor if you have no way of getting there, you are not held responsible.
But the problem is, I always feel responsible.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.