I'm so nervous

we are flying over to Paris on Tuesday for a holiday. The flight takes only 1 hour and 40 mins, but it’s 1 hour and forty mins to long for me, yes i am petrified of flying, the senario’s that go through my head are really insane but i can’t help it, my friends and family just shake their heads and laugh when i tell them these things. mind you i would do exactly the same in their shoes, so could you please spare a prayer for my family and i that we have a safe journey there and back and for peace of mind for me whilst flying. Many thanks and God bless

Have you thought about saying the whole Rosary during your flight? You might have a little book that will help you keep on track with prayers and pictures for each mystery. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

That you will have a safe and enjoyable flight-

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Amen.
Good advice.

I ask the Lord also, that you’ll have a confidence that the angels of God are surrounding you.

I think praying the Rosary during your flight is a great idea … I always do that when I fly, too. I will keep you in my prayers. All will be well.

Blessings,

Prayers for safe and calm journey…

thank you all for replying i usually do pray whilst flying, although it would not be set prayer were as the rosary would, i also wear a rosary ring on my finger so i think i will take you advice and pray the rosary and, sure by the time i have finished it please God we will be landing. thanks and God bless

Praying a complete Rosary for you.

I second that opinion. You are inmy prayers.:slight_smile:

Tarek thank you so much

Thank you also mary

Father, we ask you to calm the spirit of this person.
Show them your strength and hold them in your mighty arms.
Send troops of angels to protect them and give them comfort
as they fly. Allow them to enjoy the trip.
We ask this in the name of Jesus!
AMEN

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life,
our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor
banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most
gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after
this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb,
Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Praying. Enjoy the flight. My wife and I flew from Paris to Philadelphia in May and it took 8-1/2 hours. I watched three movies and listened to music and the time passed quickly.

hi Rocket
The only way you would get me on a 8/12hr flight, would be to knock me out before we left, seriously. As for watching dvd’s listening to music or even reading, i try but my concentration level is zero,at the moment i am pretty calm and i put that down to all the prayers all you lovely people are offering up for me so please continue those prayers they are really appreciated. God bless

Pyropam, Handyman jim and Kennewickmike thank you all for you’re prayers.

I hate flying too. But I have heard that it is the safest way to travel. :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hi St Gabriel,yes i know that it’s the safest form of travel but it still does’nt help knowing that , i’m sure it’s the same for you aswell. The fear is sometimes so overwhelming and i pray to calm it. I would love to get on a plane and enjoy the flight. Most people’s holiday’s begin when they get on the plane, mine begins as soon as the plane touches the ground. Maybe one day that fear will go, i live in hope. God bless

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.