I'm Sorry...

I was cleaning my apartment...i used bleach and the smell reminded me so much of my childhood, but not the great parts...It reminded me of when i was scared and sleepless because I thought the Devil was attacking me, it reminded me of the anxiety attacks that would cripple me and keep me inside the house.

I've spent this past year getting back to God and learning Who Jesus is and falling in love again with his Holy Church...But i've missed the past two sunday masses and have returned to sinning in other aspects of my life.

Today i was reminded what i am without God, and how easily those strange and miserable feelings can creep back into my life, and it put me on my butt.

I'm sorry God...I have come to know you these past months, and i have come to believe in you again...you saved my life from myself...and I've been lettin you down..."Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man."...

It is terrifying for me...to see how small i am...I'm 22 years old and needless to say ...if you were to see me you'd never believe that i went through these things...but i do..it helps me to come here and just say exactly what i want...

Could i please ask for your prayers for a mule headed man who doesnt seem to get it??...

thank you...

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Saint Dymphna, holy patron of those with mental illness, please pray for Gorillaman that he would be healed of his panic attacks and fears and that he would consider seeking professional help for them if need be. Amen.

Saint Christina the Astonishing, holy patron of those with mental illness, please pray for Gorillaman that he would be healed of his panic attacks and fears and that he would consider seeking professional help for them if need be. Amen.

Saint Raphael the Archangel, holy patron of healers and healing, please pray for Gorillaman's healing. Amen.

I’m not sure I would be surprised.:slight_smile:
Many great saints went though some very difficult dark times.

Smells evoke some of the strongest memories.

Jesus please inspire our brother to bring these painful memories to You for healing.
Please bathe him in the love that he may have missed in his childhood,
and let him know that You loved him at those sad times and that You are with him.

God bless you.
Trishie

Prayers out.

Gorillaman, they say I have ptsd and sometimes smells set me back. As time goes by, I have learned to cope much better with them. I pray you can come to shrug them off quickly. Hang in there. Tim

My prayers are certainly with you!

Praying…

:gopray2: :gopray2:

[quote="Trishie, post:3, topic:302218"]
I'm not sure I would be surprised.:)
Many great saints went though some very difficult dark times.

Smells evoke some of the strongest memories.

Jesus please inspire our brother to bring these painful memories to You for healing.
Please bathe him in the love that he may have missed in his childhood,
and let him know that You loved him at those sad times and that You are with him.

God bless you.
Trishie

[/quote]

...i sat down with a 70 year old deacon at the student center where i attend college and by the end of the conversation we were both laughing and enjoying a good conversation, he really made me feel much better. :) thank you very much for all of your prayers.

[quote="Samson01, post:4, topic:302218"]
Prayers out.

Gorillaman, they say I have ptsd and sometimes smells set me back. As time goes by, I have learned to cope much better with them. I pray you can come to shrug them off quickly. Hang in there. Tim

[/quote]

thanks...i really appreciate it. and I pray for you to continue gettin through what you got on your plate brother.

paz

Praying to St. Dymphna for you, Gorillaman. Hang in there and God bless you.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Dear friend, I am so sorry for the feelings that you are experiencing right now. Yes , many things in this world can be triggers to bad experiences. I will pray for you. Now know this, at 22 you need to not be too hard on yourself. We all struggle our whole lives through to "get it" and to get it right. We go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation over and over again. We never give up trying no matter how rough the road and how many times we fall. And at the end we hope to run into the arms of our Lord and Savior who will say to us, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."

Praying…

Dear Mother Mary,

Please intercede for Gorillaman. If it's right for him, please ask that my dear guardian angel be allowed to lend the Holy Clue-by-four - you know, the one he used to get me back to Mass after a long absence - to Gorillaman's guardian angel. I don't want him to stay away as long as I did.

In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.

Glory be...

:crossrc:

May God grant you strength and a steadfast faith in Him. I pray that you will always be surrounded by loved ones, friends, & people who can br a source of strength, support & comfort for you… May God bless you always…

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. Our Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen. x4

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. x4

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. x4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.