I'm stressed to the max!

Hi everyone. I am stressed the max. My apartment is dirty and my dad and step-mom are coming over today or tomorrow to inspect it and help me clean it. I just know my dad is going to yell at me because it’s dirty. It’s too dirty for me to get cleaned today. I don’t know what to do. My knee is bothering me quite badly so I can’t get around very well to clean anyway. I feel like crawling in to bed and just staying there for the rest of the year or something. Please pray for me!

Please pray the rosary, you may find it helps. Remember Mary and Jesus mysteries through pray.

I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as the patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession, He will restore this person’s lost serenity and peace of mind. May he speak to their heart and reassure them, “My peace I give you, let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid.” Pray for them, dear St. Dymphna, that they may once again know serenity and personal peace. Amen.

Praying for you!
May you feel His peace and love flow through you.

:gopray2::hug1::slight_smile:

Thy will be done, Lord

Dear Lord, grant Holly the graces never to give up on herself. Once her house gets cleaned, help her to work to keep it clean. Help her parents to provide her with the love she needs and bring Holly and her family the peace of knowing they have each other through good times and bad. Bring this family closer to knowing you and may they always find comfort in your Son. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you ask any friends to help with the cleaning? At least for two hours or so, to do the major jobs.

My plan of attack for a quick clean (in order of importance) would be:

a) clean the kitchen surfaces - dishes can go in the fridge or oven as a last resort,
b) throw out the perishable rubbish, especially food scraps/containers,
c) shove the dirty clothes and other mess that you want to keep into some garbage bags and out of sight somewhere,
d) dust (if necessary) and vacuum the public areas
e) clean the bathroom - at least the basins, benches and mirrors
f) mop bathroom and kitchen floors.

Maybe offer to treat your friends to a meal (takeaway if you’re not up to cooking), or to return the favour for them in future (when hopefully your knee will be better) - or even just offer to pay them a bit of money - as a thankyou?

If all else fails, just do what you can and tell your parents that your knee is stuffed. A partially-clean house is better than a completely dirty one, after all.

Boy do I know about feeling that my house isn’t clean enough to suit my parents when they visit and about feeling too poor to do it. My prayers are with you and your parents.

Amie

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile: You all wrote some really touching posts in this thread. :thumbsup: Anyway, they’re not coming over tomorrow but Sunday so I have a day to get things cleaned. My grandma just got her days mixed up. She’s the one who told me they were coming over tomorrow.

Good to hear. Hope we’ve helped.

And a few prayers to St Joseph the Worker and St Martha (probably a good patron for domestic workers) wouldn’t go astray.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Ya, I used to be very stressed myself becuase I procastinate too much and the main thing I needed to get done is my school work.( I’m currently four months behind in my two online classes:o) I pretty much just prayed and trusted in God. That really helped and I wasn’t really stressed at all with anything. But now I wonder if I’m just too relaxed with everything instead. Anyways, I hope you feel better.:slight_smile:

Glad you got an extra day!
Try the “flylady” on-line. She sure helped me. She has a great way of cleaning house by just doing a tiny bit each day. Wonderful advice.
Still praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.