I'm Very Troubled. Please Pray With Me

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with a severe phobia of the dead since my great grandma died when I was 10. Everyone was so sad, and I felt obligated to go up to the casket and kiss her. Ever since then I can’t be at funerals. It’s gotten to the point where I have panic attacks and nervous breakdowns by just sitting in the back of Church. In Driver’s Ed, I had to leave the room during the drunk driving video because I couldn’t breathe. It’s very scary.
Now I trust the Lord Jesus can strenghten me against my fears and let me know everything is ok. Would you please pray with me, that I can cope with my problems and not be able to have panic attacks anymore?

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus in attoment for our sins and those of the whole world.

Oh Lord, please strengthen me! I put my whole being into Your mercy!

Amen.

Lord, please calm Jeanne’s fears and heal her heart. Please strengthen and guard against her against these phobias, and renew in her dear mind the promise of everlasting life. We pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Lord Jesus please be near to this sister in you and help her. I bind the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus and release her to you Lord God. Please heal the past memory and cast out the fear. (“perfect love casts out fear” 1 John 4:18) Amen!
mlz

I will pray for your fear. God Bless.

My prayers are joined with yours. May your fear be expelled in the name of Jesus, Who conquered death that we might not be afraid. Amen.

Sincerely

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I’m sad to hear you have this trouble, dear girl that you are.
I’ll pray for you about it, and that whatever help you can get to deal with this trauma will be clear, and available to you.
A warm hug, Trishie.

You’re in my prayers too.

May the Lord give you strength and may you overcome this fear because in Him there is only life which He came to give us so that we may forever be with Him.

Hi Jeanne,

I suffer from panic attacks at times too. I will definitely pray for you.

In Christ,

Francesca

Jeanne:

I just want you to know that I feel your pain; and you are in my prayers. I have had experiences roughly similar to yours, although no panic attacks, as such. For me, it was the death of my Granddad when I was seven. The family drove four-hundred miles to the funeral, and I was in effect “beaten over the head” (NOT PHYSICALLY) with everybody’s grief.

To this day I can’t stand flowers (unless they are alive and attached to their growing plant) because of the heaps of them that I saw at that ceremony. (That particular aversion caused me some trouble when I was still in the relationship business). there are other factors as well, although no panic attacks.

It is OK not to be “at peace” with the idea of death. Death is the one thing in human life, IMNAAHO, that is worth being afraid of, because it is our only loss that is irreversible. You don’t have to be ok with it; but I will pray that your sufferings ease.

Remember there is (at least) one person, out in the square miles, who understands what you are going thru. ICXC NIKA.

:frowning: That must cause you a lot of upset. Definitely praying for you!

Thank yall so much. I have to go to a funeral on Thursday, and it is comforting to know the loving people here at CAF are praying for me. I really appreciate it.

-Jeanne

Your intention will especially be lifted up on Thursday as I go before the Blessed Sacrament.

God bless you.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Oh Lord,

Please keep me near to Your merciful and sacred heart during my times of fear. Wrap Your loving arms around me to comfort me from my hurt and let everything be ok. Give me strength to face my fears, and know You are always with me.

Amen.

I just wanted to share this with everyone:

The Lord Jesus took care of me. I went to the funeral, shaking, gasping for breath and sick to my stomach. I was terrified to go into Church. When I got in, I saw my best friend since elementary school and things got better. The funeral turned out to be closed casket, which I can handle. I spent the entire wake talking to my friend and keeping her company. I think God took care of me so I could take care of her. It was amazing. I remember my parents spoke to her mom (the man who died’s wife) and she was so glad I was keeping her daughter company. God’s love is amazing, and He does take care of His children!

-Jeanne

Praying for your healing to handle future situations …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I give thanks to God that this trial passed safely for you Jeanne; ICXC NIKA;

GEddie

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.