Immaculate Conception Mass Question (Not Double Dipping Related!)

I have a question about the Immaculate Conception Mass. Was the Gloria (Glory to God) supposed to be sung/recited? Tonight I was at Mass and the Gloria was sung. However, I thought the Gloria was not a part of Mass during Advent. Was this supposed to occur?

Maybe because it is a Holy Day of Obligation and a Feast of Our Blessed Mother?

That’s what I thought. Not sure though.

Yes since it is a Solemnity , we say/sing the Gloria. We were told to not light the Advent Wreath (for Mass)

I looked ahead in the Magnificat (the monthly worship aid) we also have the Gloria for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Thank you!

Immaculate Conception as a liturgical day outranks an Advent weekday as a liturgical day. That’s why.

I went this evening. No organ. No Gloria sang or said.

Solemnities always get a Gloria, year round - Advent, Lent, any time. The Creed also should be said, which is not the case on typical weekdays.

The wreath isn’t part of any liturgy officially, so it wouldn’t matter one way or another.

Cor_ad_Cor

December 8

MaryTeri:
Yes since it is a Solemnity , we say/sing the Gloria.

Solemnities always get a Gloria, year round - Advent, Lent, any time. The Creed also should be said, which is not the case on typical weekdays.

MaryTeri:
We were told to not light the Advent Wreath

The wreath isn’t part of any liturgy officially, so it wouldn’t matter one way or another.

This morning we said the Gloria and lit the 1st Advent Candle.

IC Masses have the Gloria.

I went to last night’s vigil. There was no Gloria.

We recited the Gloria last night at the vigil

closed #15

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.