Immaculate heart info?

I am interested in any info anyone can give me on the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I started this thread in the spirituality forum, but there are no replies yet, so I thought I’d invite people here. If you have any info, I’d love to hear it.
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=226084
Thanks!

When we were growing up, there was a beautiful picture of the Immaculate Heart of Mary at my Aunt’s home.
However this is what I found…

newadvent.org/cathen/07168a.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Heart_of_Mary
theotokos.org.uk/pages/fatima/immaculh.html

Sorry could not be of more help.

No doubt that the links Gwyn provided have much info and the informatio below is contained therein, I wanted to share the scriptural basis from Luke 2:

1. And they came with haste; and they found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger. 17. And seeing, they understood of the word that had been spoken to them concerning this child. 18. And all that heard, wondered; and at those things that were told them by the shepherds. 19. **But Mary kept all these words, pondering them in her heart. **

and:

1. And behold there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Ghost was in him. 26. And he had received an answer from the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Christ of the Lord. 27. And he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when his parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the law, 28. He also took him into his arms, and blessed God, and said: 29. Now thou dost dismiss thy servant, O Lord, according to thy word in peace; 30. Because my eyes have seen thy salvation, 31. Which thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples: 32. A light to the revelation of the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. 33. And his father and mother were wondering at those things which were spoken concerning him. 34. And Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary his mother: Behold this child is set for the fall, and for the resurrection of many in Israel, and for a sign which shall be contradicted; 35. And thy own soul a sword shall pierce, that, out of many hearts, thoughts may be revealed.

Sometimes “soul” is translated “heart.” So Mary’s Heart can be instrumental in devotion to her, to pray earnestly through her to her Son.

I know that it is being further studied in Rome. It seems the connection of the two hearts may still have much more to teach us. Why not try looking on the Vatican web sight.

Thanks for the replies!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.