Imperishable relics of recent Roman Catholic saints?

By “imperishable relics” I mean, when righteous person’s body
does not decay after physical death.

Is the phenomenon known in recent Roman Catholic history?

What is the right term for that phenomenon?

Thanks!

They are called the incorruptables and I will see if I can post a picture of Saint Bernadette.:slight_smile: http://www.livingmiracles.net/Images/IntroLM/Bernadette3.jpg
[size=2]The incorruptible body of St. Bernadette, 1844-1879, on display in a crystal coffin in the Church of St. Gildard in Nevers, France.
Another miracle:)[/size]

wow, I’ve seen various incorruptibles before, but never anyone who looked as beautiful as she looks in the photo you’ve provided.

CARose

Go to livingmiracles.net to find information on incorrupt saints. :thumbsup:

[quote=CARose]wow, I’ve seen various incorruptibles before, but never anyone who looked as beautiful as she looks in the photo you’ve provided.

CARose
[/quote]

She is very beautiful:) I wish I had a close up,I have seen one on the web before maybe I will be able to locate it:)

http://www.catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes/images/bernprof.jpgHere it is:)

http://www.catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes/images/bern97a.jpgAnother good one:)

Thank you for posting such lovely pictures of St. Bernadette. I’ve seen them in books but boy, in color the miracle is even more astounding.:slight_smile:

[quote=Kyenta]Thank you for posting such lovely pictures of St. Bernadette. I’ve seen them in books but boy, in color the miracle is even more astounding.:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yes they are quite beautiful:) God is gracious to leave us these miracles:)

At what point were they discovered to be incorruptible? Were they ever buried? Just curious. Thanks.

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]They are called the incorruptables and I will see if I can post a picture of Saint Bernadette.:slight_smile: http://www.livingmiracles.net/Images/IntroLM/Bernadette3.jpg
The incorruptible body of St. Bernadette, 1844-1879, on display in a crystal coffin in the Church of St. Gildard in Nevers, France.
Another miracle:)
[/quote]

Wow! I have never heard of this before. Well maybe somewhat, but not like this? What in the world to Protestants and atheists say to this? Are these Saints really perfectly purserved?

[quote=michaelgazin]At what point were they discovered to be incorruptible? Were they ever buried? Just curious. Thanks.
[/quote]

Yes they were buried with some when the body was exhumed the clothes were rotten the coffen was messed up and the body was intact:) They usually find this as they are being investigated for saint hood.

[quote=J.W.B.]Wow! I have never heard of this before. Well maybe somewhat, but not like this? What in the world to Protestants and atheists say to this? Are these Saints really perfectly purserved?
[/quote]

I was Protestant and I had never heard of this before I met a good Catholic friend. This was one of several factors that encouraged me to become Catholic.

Actually, it lit a fire under me.

[quote=J.W.B.]Wow! I have never heard of this before. Well maybe somewhat, but not like this? What in the world to Protestants and atheists say to this? Are these Saints really perfectly purserved?
[/quote]

Yes I recommend the book “The incorruptables”,some of the saints exude oils and manna(that is what they call it,it looks like dust)and one of the Saints still bleed:) The oils,blood and manna have cured people,it is really amazing what God gives us.

St Francis Xavier: they tried to make him decay by burying him in mud. His friends wanted to bring back his body to be buried properly but they had to transport him via a ship. Because the journey would be long, they believed it would be better to let him decay first. Tough luck. He wouldn’t decay.

In fact, I saw a picture of him from the 1960’s being paraded in a glass casket through the streets for some honor (not sure what). He is missing one hand because it was chopped off. (I forgot why). Joan Cruz has an excellent book on the subject called “The Incorruptibles.”

[quote=SusanL]St Francis Xavier: they tried to make him decay by burying him in mud. His friends wanted to bring back his body to be buried properly but they had to transport him via a ship. Because the journey would be long, they believed it would be better to let him decay first. Tough luck. He wouldn’t decay.

In fact, I saw a picture of him from the 1960’s being paraded in a glass casket through the streets for some honor (not sure what). He is missing one hand because it was chopped off. (I forgot why). Joan Cruz has an excellent book on the subject called “The Incorruptibles.”
[/quote]

He is the one of the Saints that bleeds,if my memory is correct.:hmmm:

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]He is the one of the Saints that bleeds,if my memory is correct.:hmmm:
[/quote]

Interestingly enough, the first Catholic Church that I was an organist for was called “St Francis Xavier.” That was the beginning of my conversion.

[quote=SusanL]Interestingly enough, the first Catholic Church that I was an organist for was called “St Francis Xavier.” That was the beginning of my conversion.
[/quote]

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: That is wonderful:D

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: That is wonderful:D
[/quote]

Thank you. He’s still workin’. :smiley: Can’t keep a good saint down.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.