Importance of evolution

take both of my evolution polls, they’re different

I don’t think evolution is false, but I certainly don’t think it’s true. Neither side has provided nearly enough evidence, and neithe side has sufficiently answered the evidence against them for me to make up my mind.

That being said, it doesn’t really matter in the end, other than to those who see evolution as a way to validate their atheism, or to those who see it as a proof that God is nonexistent. For them, it’s gonna matter quite a bit :frowning:

Before I vote, what do you mean? Important to theology? No. Important to science? Abosolutely.

I took the question to be about neither theology nor science (I also hate when people cite them as though there are no connections between the two). I took it to mean, just in general, to you and me as people who will ultimately answer to God, does it matter? And I said no.

[quote=Lazerlike42]I took the question to be about neither theology nor science (I also hate when people cite them as though there are no connections between the two). I took it to mean, just in general, to you and me as people who will ultimately answer to God, does it matter? And I said no.
[/quote]

I took it to mean “Is evolution important to my belief in God” - to which the answer is no. If asked “is evolution important to science,” I’d say yes, until we find a more complete theory. Just as Newtonian Mechanics was important until Einstein came along. :thumbsup:

Science and Theology are connected - but that doesn’t mean they should be treated as the same thing. A painter is different from the painting.

[quote=Lady Cygnus]I took it to mean “Is evolution important to my belief in God” - to which the answer is no. If asked “is evolution important to science,” I’d say yes, until we find a more complete theory. Just as Newtonian Mechanics was important until Einstein came along. :thumbsup:

Science and Theology are connected - but that doesn’t mean they should be treated as the same thing. A painter is different from the painting.
[/quote]

Well said.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.