In Cor. what did Paul mean?

In Cor. when Paul said that “Jesus is the image of the invisible God” what did he mean?

The reason I ask is that I misquoted the saying as “Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God”? I want to know if I changed the meaning by my misquote.

No, you did not change the meaning. This is a common theme in the New Testament:

No one has ever seen God. The only Son, God, who is at the Father’s side, has revealed him.

• John 1:18

Philip said to him, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father…"

• John 14:8-9

In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets; in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe, who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being, and who sustains all things by his mighty word.
-Hebrew 1:1-3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.