In desperate need of Prayer and counsel

Hello, I’m in desperate need of prayer and counsel due to my legal situation. Let me first start off from the begging.
My parents brought me and my sister to America when i was 4 in Feb 1989, on a visitor Visa. We were suppose to leave in Aug of 89, we didn’t. My father was extremely abusive to my mother as well as to us, and my mother couldn’t question him on anything. That included our legal status. As the years went on my mom had two more children here, and we all stayed here, went to school here and lived a “Normal American Life”, other then the fact that my father was abusive, it was normal. It was our surprise (my sister and I) when my mother told us that our father had made us over stay our visa back in 89 and when she had brought it up to him he brought her Fake Papers. Which my mom didn’t discover they were fake until my sister was trying to apply for colleges. So we were teenagers when we found out that we were illegal.
As the years past we have worked under the table, and little side jobs to get by and hope and prayed that there would be a law out that would help us, but there never has been. My sister was blessed to find the man who God has made for her, and they were married 3 years ago. However as of right now there is nothing that i can do to change my legal status, other then what my lawyer say and that is to get married, which i will NOT do just for Papers.
I need all the prayers and advice i can get. I don’t know what else to do, im going to be 24 years old. I do not drive and cant attend college i don’t work(other then the once in awhile side job). I think I might just leave the US(my home) and go to a different country, but im not sure. If i leave the penalty for leaving to a illegal is that you cant apply to get back in the US for 10 years, which by then i would be 34 and hopefully have a nice life. I’m at the end of my rope, I know that God doesn’t put you in a situation that you cant handle but I’m starting to wonder what else i can do. Please help me with prayers that i might find strength in a uncertain time, and if you can counsel. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for your time.

I’m sorry I can’t counsel you, but I will pray for you and your family.

Jesus, when Joseph and Mary escaped into Egypt as refugees to save Your life, it must have been very difficult for them. Please have compassion on all like Tricia who may be in danger of displacement. Just as Your family was innocent, so is Tricia. Please have mercy on her situation and find means that accord to Your kind will, to secure her place in the only country she has known. If there is any legal recourse, please ensure her the means and the success.

Mary, Joseph, please intercede for this young woman so that she can have a wholesome life in the United States. You experience th fear that caused you to flee and hide form those who would harm the life of the precious Child. For His sake, for love of Him, please intercede powerfully for her, and for her family.

If You will, dear Holy Spirit, please let Tricia find and be found by an American with whom she can find mutual love and faith.

Know that I am praying for you !

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

"Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come; before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and anwer me. Amen

I know you really don’t want to hear this, but where did you come from originally? Say, for example, you came from Ireland or Britain or maybe Spain, those are not bad places to live as far as I know. All I’m saying is that if push comes to shove, maybe living in your home country may not be all that bad. Or it may be terrible - in which case, I pray that you most definitely get to stay here. It sounds like you’ve had a hard life. All I can hope for you is that is brings you closer to sainthood - like all of us want.

I’ll pray for you.

Tracy

Dear Lord, make your presence known in this situation. Help her to see what is your holy will for her. Please Lord remove this position of living here illegally, she does not want to be breaking the law. Thank your for your generosity. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Wow. I just did a quick look over of some websites and there is no clear cut answer. So. I really have no advice. Maybe you can get a second opinion from another attorney, or maybe through a pro-bono attorney usdoj.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm

You and your family are in my prayers.

Dear Lord, please guide this young woman to the right solution to her legal status. If it be Your will that she stay in the US, then please provide the method by which she can become a legal citizen. Give her peace, O Lord, that Your will is being done. In Jesus name we pray.

I second this Lord…may you look with compassion on this whole situation. You understand so much the refugee…as well as Your Mother and ours as well. Grant the peace that only You can give and open the doors that need to be opened in this situation. Father, I ask this favour through Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ with the intercession of the Mother of us all. Saint Raphael, grant much healing and free the way!

:gopray:

I’ll pray for you and all those in your particular situation.I know since 9/11,the rules have changed,this situation would have been easily remedied,prior to that, as many countries and the U.S.had open policies that were not so homeland security minded.
We live in a different world now and your caught in the middle.
I know if you could prove some kind of "country"of origin skill;
like art of your culture,or textiles skills,and so on,you can prove you contribute a special skill circumstance.I know your an American ,but you want to stay American,so get other opinions.
It’s just awful to think of a person who thought they were American to find out their not.This is not the same as an illegeal
crossing the border in todays world.You are separate from that throng.although I understand why people want to come here.
Has your mother’s legal status changed,because of the spousal abuse?I don’t understand if the parent can get acknoledgement of
a victimized status why the children of that said person must remain in legal limbo.Keep asking questions,get as much info
you can.I really don’t know what the church does in regard to “Sanctuary”,and even if that holds in this century,or if it held in this kind of case,I mean in regard to being deported.I’m praying!

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.