In desperate need of prayers the day befor my wedding

yesterday was awful. i think i have cried for 24 hours straight. my fiances grandmother was rushed to the hospital after she arrived here for the wedding and is still in and has to stay again overnight. then after we found out about that i got a phone call my sisters best friend who was like a little sister to me was killed in a car accident. im so broken hearted. i thought this was going to be the happiest time of my life. i could really use some prayers and some encouraging words guys please.

Your sister in Christ,
TarAshly

You will be in my prayers. I will dedicate my rosary on my drive home to you and those around you. Have a blessed wedding day.

-Tim

oh, tar, I’m sorry. Keep your strength up and know that God is with you. This is difficult for you, I’m sure. You are probably wondering if you should postpone the wedding. Personally, I wouldn’t. Continue on (get grandma’s blessing or see what she thinks if you can) and get married as planned. You will still be happy about your marriage. Maybe, if you feel up to, pay a tribute to your friend in the ceremony or at the reception. If you do not feel up to going to the altar, no one will blame you (and if they do, they are incredibly heinous).

Peace be with you Tar, it will get better. I hope that helped you somewhat.

On Tara,
I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers all day and throughout tomorrow. Will your new Grandmother be okay?

[quote=TarAshly]yesterday was awful. i think i have cried for 24 hours straight. my fiances grandmother was rushed to the hospital after she arrived here for the wedding and is still in and has to stay again overnight. then after we found out about that i got a phone call my sisters best friend who was like a little sister to me was killed in a car accident. im so broken hearted. i thought this was going to be the happiest time of my life. i could really use some prayers and some encouraging words guys please.

Your sister in Christ,
TarAshly
[/quote]

you could ask the priest if a small table with a candle can be near the alter, and put a small insert into you programs explaining the candle burns in memory of her.

my condolences.

[quote=thechrismyster]you could ask the priest if a small table with a candle can be near the alter, and put a small insert into you programs explaining the candle burns in memory of her.

my condolences.
[/quote]

Amen. Our prayers are with you.

My new grandmother should be fine. we’re just keeping our thoughts positive and our hopes high. yall are so wonderful. i dont know if i could do anything for her. im afraid i would break down and i dont want to be so sad on my wedding day. i loved her a great deal and i know she would not want me to be sad. im going to go over to her parents tonight to take food. please please please pray for us.

[quote=TarAshly]… thought this was going to be the happiest time of my life. i could really use some prayers and some encouraging words guys please.

[/quote]

I pray that your “special day” WILL be the happiest day of your life! Don’t let anything ruin it… “all things are passing”…except God". Annunciata:)

Tar Ashely, you are in my thoughts and prayer.

TarAshley–You are learning the hard way that one’s wedding day is not always the “happiest day of your life”. Unfortunately, life intervenes. Try as we might to organize and plan the details of our lives and weddings, ultimately we have, at best, imperfect control over so much in our lives. Every bride, if honest, will admit to something that went wrong (often horribly wrong) on her wedding. With time most of us come to the realization that we are not in control, God is. And that’s okay and we need to place our trust in Him. God bless you on your wedding day. Remember all of it is God’s plan for you and your life.

Praying for you and the entire family. May your young friend rest with God. Perhaps you could have her name added to the intentions for the prayers during the Mass? You will be emotional on your wedding day, and it is normal to be happy and sad. Tears come with both.

Read the 23rd Psalm today - may those words comfort you.

Dear Tara,

I am so sorry about all the turmoil and sadness. I will pray for the repose of your sister-in-spirit’s soul and for a speedy recovery of grandmother’s health.

Don’t feel like your special day is ruined. If anything, rejoice in the life and love that God has given to you and take nothing for granted. Life is so fleeting. We are so blessed to love. Cling to your soon-to-be husband and thank God for his precious soul!

Abby

It will still be a very happy day and you will have a great time and many memories. And remember that you can have many other really happy days ahead.

[quote=KittyKat]It will still be a very happy day and you will have a great time and many memories. And remember that you can have many other really happy days ahead.
[/quote]

well said. It will be a blessed and wonderful day. God bless your marriage.
I will add you to my prayers.

when you celebrate your marriage you are celebrating a sacrament which means the Jesus Christ is personally, closely, intimately present to you, and also to your family and all those gathered with you, and to the whole Church. so at this time when your family so desperately needs the comfort of Jesus, how fortuitous that this beautiful sacrament will be the means of bringing all of you closer to Him.

Tar, your in my prayers. I can relate a little to what your going thru.We had our marriage convalidated this past July. We had a beautiful simple ceremony with our daughter as the flower girl. My husbands grandparents who were visiting from Florida we able to be there (they were not at our “1st wedding”). It was a such a wonderful day. I just felt like I was on cloud nine.

Four days later my husbands grandparents were in a very bad car accident. His grandpa died a week later and then his grandma who we expected to recover past away 5 weeks later, on my husbands birthday. These 2 wonderful people treated me like their own grandchild from day one. They always introduced me as their grand daughter which sometimes caused some confused looks because his grandma would say “this is my grandson, my grand daughter and thier daughter, my great grand daughter”. Tragedy happends when we least expect it.

When I was getting married at 18 I was looking through my dad’s file cabinet for my birth certificate to get my marriage license. I found paper work referring to my adoption. I was never told I was adopted. You want to talk about shock! My wedding was 2 weeks away. This discussion that went on with my parents after finding out was disastrous. I had to put it in the back of my mind an concentrate on my wedding day.

You are a strong young women and will have a beautiful wedding day. God Bless!

Hi Tar! How was the wedding?

[quote=timbo1980]You will be in my prayers. I will dedicate my rosary on my drive home to you and those around you. Have a blessed wedding day.

[/quote]

I will do the same . . .

I’m not certain this will work. This is the oldest Prayer Intention in the CAF list…

I pray your wedding went well 13 years ago…

I pray you are still happily married…

I pray you are gainfully employed in a job that makes you happy.

I pray your children are growing up to be fine Catholics…

I hope you find the missing gerbil your youngest let out of the cage this morning (that’s just a guess :smiley: )

***I pray you still love God as much as he loves you.***.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.