"In God We trust" The purpose of this writing is to help make truly and no other but God alone as the center of human lives

In God We Trust

(Author’s Note: I do not represent any other religion because I truly believe in the presence of God in Eucharistic celebrations as well as in any place with anybody who loves HIM and follow his commandments. The purpose of this writing is to help make truly and no other but God alone as the center of human lives.)

The Holy Mass is a Eucharistic celebration. Placed in the heart of the liturgy it is the source, center and summit not only of the individual and community Christian life, but also the source, center and summit of evangelization.
From the Readings of the Bible and thus inspired by the Holy Spirit, we know of the Lord’s promises. The way to the Father is made clear and complete when Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life; no one goes to the father except by me.” Jn 14:6. “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him to come to me…” (Jn 6:44,65). “Everyone whom my Father gives me will come to me. I will never turn away anyone who comes to me…” ( Jn 6:37-38).
To the Father through Jesus Christ’s redeeming feature, His saving grace. Thus, as it is in Eucharistic celebrations, we pray to God in Jesus name because these are the words of the Lord in the Book of John, Jn. 14:13-14; 15:16. Yet, however complete it is, why so, in parishes, chapels and homes and in all other time and places other than the celebration of the Holy Mass, Catholics are given another form of prayer. As always, except in Eucharistic celebrations, we are told to pray the novena and rosary. Prayers that give more quality time to saints than God, worship and praise saints more than God be worshipped and praised.
In novena and rosary, the way to the Father through Jesus Christ is lost. Imagine, after one “Our Father” we right away turn to the saint and pray ten times a prayer for intervention. Putting the saints before God and us, but why? If in praying we do strongly believe that we are talking to God, in God’s presence, (for otherwise there is no sense praying), does God deemed it so for us to bring the saints before Him? Is God really amused when we pray “Our Father” for a mere 17 seconds and then leave Him be and look the other way and spend a minute or two praising and begging the saint in God’s presence? To kneel and repeatedly pray to God, then to saints, then to God… and so on and so forth for more than one or so hours, is it not obvious disrespect? Even in ordinary conversation, more so when asked with a favor, one surely feels insulted if talked to like the above, how much more to God, the Almighty One, who commanded: “Have reverence for the Lord your God and worship only him…” (Deut. 10:20). … “Worship the Lord your God and serve only him.” (Mt 4:10) “… I am the Lord your God and I tolerate no rivals.” (Ex 20:5)
The presence of God is most holy. We may talk and ask favor from the saints some other time but certainly not in God’s presence during our precious moment with God in prayer. Unless God wills it, to do so is a clear showing of lack of faith in God’s words and promises. God is the source of wisdom. He is all knowing and can do anything so that all we have is to implore upon His ever loving and merciful heart.
All attributes and praises accorded to saints in God’s presence. But why indeed! Does it not aggravate the situation when, unmindful of God’s presence, additional time are spent singing praises to saint/s plus a Litany of Praises giving Mama Mary attributes of God, praised, among others, as the most powerful, most merciful, seat of wisdom, gate of heaven and refuge of sinners. Sheltering sinners, but against whom? Sins originate from the inner-selves of individuals and sinners need no safe haven or protector but humble themselves before God and repent because God said: “… but I also live on people who are humble and repentant so that I can restore their confidence and hope.” (Is 57:15)
Like all mothers to their children, Mary dearly loved her son, Jesus Christ. Yet, surely, this can never be reason enough to give more time to her than God in prayer. Praising her more than God be praised and worshipped. This is probably what Jesus wanted to prevent by the following: When someone said to him that “How happy is the woman who bore and nursed you.” Jesus answered, “Rather, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Lk. 11:27-28) The same is true when told of his mother and brothers standing outside, Jesus said to them all, “My mother and brothers are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Lk. 8:20-21) Most likely, too, the reason why there was no special attention given to the mother and no special meeting between mother and son mentioned in the gospel after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Lest we forget that God is God and humans are but mere human beings…

Please visit this website to read the entire content of this post…

www.bclantapon.blogspot.com

God, love and glorify Yourself in us

God, how can I fulfil Your commandments to others and to love and worship God above all?

Unlike holy souls who effuse great joy and praise, my attempts to love and worship You seem very poor. I am child of a scientific and empirical era in a world of physical realities and challenges. I desire faith in Your loving action in temporal affairs even where it is hidden. I desire to praise and love in whatever way You desire, however little understanding I have of Your ways and truth.

It seems to me that loving You is about choices. Jesus witnessed that our salvation depends upon love and service of God in other persons. He proclaimed that, “Whatever you do for even the least of my little ones, you do for Me” who am God. Therefore, we love and worship You in our care of others.

You command that we love others enough to strive even unto death of something of ourselves for their welfare, as Jesus did. I ask You to love others wholeheartedly in my thoughts, prayers, my words and actions. Please bring about blessings for them even in my worst failures to witness Your love. Please develop my trust in Your loving action in temporal affairs even where it remains hidden.

We glorify You in the Eucharist, that summit of worship, petition, and thanksgiving, God’s own offering and fulfilment through Son and Spirit, with the whole Body of Christ. We worship You in the Eucharist as individuals, yet as brothers and sisters of the community. Let me, let us, thus love and worship You in communion.

Blessed be Jesus, who gives us redemption and Eucharist. Blessed be the Spirit who channels His Gift, and gives us creative ways to praise and love God. Blessed be God who is able to give Yourself the honour and praise that we desire to give You.

God alone can appreciate the depths of God, therefore love and delight Yourself in us so that we truly love You. I ask that whatever my activity or state of mind, You will love and adore Yourself in me, our God. Delight Yourself within me in every moment of my existence. This is possible to You for whom “nothing is impossible.” [Genesis 8:14]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.