In historic visit to Hiroshima, Obama calls on the world to morally evolve

President Obama came face to face with the horror of nuclear war Friday in a somber visit to Hiroshima, becoming the first sitting U.S. president to tour the site of the atomic bombing 71 years ago that killed tens of thousands in an instant and ushered in the nuclear age.

In a sweeping address that reflected on the obligations of humankind, Obama wrestled with the inherent contradiction that centuries of technical advancement have both made it easier to bind people together and given them the capacity for the carnage seen in this city. And he confronted the cold reality that his own goal of a world without nuclear firepower remains frustratingly out of reach.

latimes.com/world/la-fg-obama-hiroshima-20160527-snap-story.html

It is hard to argue against the killing of 100,000 people at once but support the killing of that many every month, one baby at a time.

Elephant, meet room! :thumbsup:

Yup, the guy who promotes exterminating children, unhealthy sexual lifestyles and persecutes the church is calling on people to live morally…

2Cor11:14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

I watch the NHK news as I find it to be an interesting cultural and news viewpoint. Quite a bit on there about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Very few stories about Bataan or a certain harbor in Hawaii. Utter silence on captured Korean “comfort women” or certain incursions into the Chinese mainland. I find that most curious.

So ironic considering he supports unlimited abortions and does not want a survivor to get medical care, either.

And then there are the things he’s forcing upon states, threatening them with the loss of federal funds if they don’t comply.

Who is not being “moral” here?

Obama, standing at the front of the Temple, beating his chest, does not impress me. As a wise poster already commented; he would do better to look closer to home to his support of the abomination of abortion. I judge a man by his deeds rather than his words. I don’t think I am alone in this, however the real Judge has more mercy than I have to offer.

If morally evolving includes abortion on demand, same sex “marriage” and other affronts to God I will pass. I choose to remain true to our Lord and Savior. “As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15.

DGB

:thumbsup:

I have to agree with these statements 1000 times over.

Obama and other progressives doesn’t want moral evolution, but rather the extermination of morals. Atleast any morals that are remotely associated with a Christian ethos.

The left’s definition of morality rest on three pillars - sexual promiscuity , excessive taxation, excessive government regulation

“Technological progress without an equivalent progress in human institutions can doom us,” Obama warned. “The scientific revolution that led to the splitting of an atom requires a moral revolution as well. That is why we come to this place.”

The article doesn’t quote Obama as saying morality should evolve, but if he did then such an understanding of morality is flawed. It isn’t that morality can evolve but that we can more closely adhere to it. Of course what he promotes is a sort of evolution of morality that rejects the foundation of morality in Christendom.

As for human institutions the Church has been the only institution reigning in war made by another human institution the state. The Church has condemned the use of nuclear weapons by the US state. The only progress that needs to be made is in the state submitting itself to the moral teachings of the Church. I don’t look to the state or Mr. Obama to teach me morality.

The Japanese were terrible, but that doesn’t justify us doing something as bad or worse.

:thumbsup:

Imagine if there was anyone left on earth who thinks anything Obama has to say is relevant?

Yes, morally evolving requires an honest self assessment. The “comfort women” were just one aspect of the atrocities visited upon Korea by Japan during the many years of occupation, when Korea was their slave colony.

Praying for anyone who might find it difficult to argue the tragedy of the loss of ANY single life because of the loss of another single or even million lives, for any reason.

So, because of the indiscretion of the Japanese government leading to the inexcusable death of thousands in their misguided conquest, the incineration of thousands of innocent people is somehow excusable? We sure taught the emperor and military leadership of Japan a lesson by killing hundreds of families who were also victims of the war, huh?:shrug:

I pray that the dignity of human life be respected from conception till natural death.

As for deaths incurred in the course of war, I pray that peace may be achieved with minimal bloodshed.

I’ll be deploying back to the Middle East soon. War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things…

May God keep you safe. God bless and thank you for your service.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.