In honor of Our Lady of Fatima

In honor of Our Lady of Fatima I created a blog about the Rosary, and I’m sharing the blog here for those who do not yet know about the Holy Rosary, for those who are curious about it, and to correct those who deem the Rosary unfit to be prayed by the faithful. Below is a snippet of the blog and a link to the rest of it.

Introduction To The Holy Rosary

The Holy Rosary is a prayer of contemplation on the mysteries of Jesus Christ, seen and remembered through the Virgin Mary. We pray to Jesus through Mary; therefore, we meditate on Jesus through Mary, for meditation is prayer. Mary is the one through whom and with whom we pray because she is the Mother of God; and who else better than her - who “kept all these things in her heart”, as the Gospel tells us - can help us to contemplate the mystery of her Son?

By contemplating the mysteries of her Son in her heart, Mary did not simply remember them, but rather, she remembered them and she came to a deeper understanding of them, penetrating into the mysteries. So, too, it is with us, for contemplation dose not change, for God dose not change: by comtemplating the mysteries of Jesus, we come to remember them and we come to understand and know them better. God gives us a greater knowledge of Himself and His work when we raise ourselves to Him in prayer.

When we meditate on Jesus through Mary, we meditate on her participation in the mysteries too. For example, we meditate on the dolors of Jesus through and with the dolors of Mary. The focus is not on Mary, but rather, on Jesus. He is the Way. Mary is the Sign of the Way. She points us to her Son and she teaches us, as our Mother and Teacher, how to love and honor her Son, she who loves and honors Jesus more than any other creature. In other words, by meditating on Jesus through Mary, Mary teaches us our place in the mysteries of Jesus - she shows us the Way and shows us how to believe, hope, trust, adore, and love Jesus in our lives.

Read the rest here

Great! Do you mind if I link to this on my account as the webpage that people can go to if they click on my name?

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

This is superb material. Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.