In Islam all Angels will die including St. Gabriel !

I think this is the most sad stories to hear about Islam and Angels, in Quranic verses, commentaries, and authentic hadiths, everyone in heavens will die along those on earth, that includes all angels and archangels, and the last archangels who will die after the trumpet are (Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, and Azriel (Archangel of Death)).

:( That is really a sad story to hear!, those Angels in heavens never committed any sin according to all scriptures :hug1:, so why they deserve to die like us!!! :dts:, why Allah in the Islamic scriptures is so harsh even on his sinless Angels!, who is corrupting the image of the merciful GOD that Jesus showed us..... http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

References:
English: (Quran 39:68), (Quran 28:88).
Arabic: %between%Commentary1, Commentary2.

This post of your Sam peeked my interest. I know quite a bit about Islam/Quran/Hadiths but haven’t studied this topic.

As I was looking around islamic web sites, I found that an Archangel by the name of Israfil will blow the trumpet to indicate the end of times.

Here is what one site claims regarding the first blow:

On the Day of Judgment God will order Israfil to blow that Trumpet. Upon the first sounding of the Trumpet all bad things are lifted and taken away from the earth.

Wrongdoings and all that is related to it will disappear. The heavenly books will shine in every place. Angels will appear and reveal the places where they have been kept in their pristine state.

The memory of heavenly teachings will become fresh again in people’s minds. All manner of good character, dignity, honor, mercy, and blessings will be brought over all the earth and become the norm.

Angels will feel welcome to walk upon the earth for the first time. No-one will have power to do any harm in the world. Belief in God and knowledge of spiritual things will become the daily conversation of everyone young and old.

Angelic light will increase upon the earth to such a degree that everything sad will become happy, everything bad will become good, everything poor will become rich, and everything ugly will become beautiful.

And now the 2nd sound of the trumpet:

Upon the second sounding of the trumpet, all beings in the heavens and on earth will enter a state of perplexity and become afraid. They will fall down on their faces and faint believing the Day of Judgment has dawned upon them.

This is described in the Koran, 39:68: “And the trumpet is blown , and all who are in the heavens and on the earth swoon away, save him whom God willeth. Then it is blown a second time, and behold them standing waiting!”

The sound of that trumpet will be so awesome and terrifying that all beings will lose consciousness. The earth will begin to roll and heave, the stars will fall from the heavens, the light will disappear, the sun and the moon will lose their light, and all will be plunged into abysmal darkness.

The mountains will jump from their places and turn to dust, and rise as clouds over the earth. The water of the oceans will dry up. Just as wind carries away chaff, so creation will be blown away by those cataclysmal storms.

Some other sites claim the first sound of the trumpet every living creature which Allah created will die including angels. Also included are birds and animals… :confused:

And at the 2nd sound of the trumpet, everything will be brought back to life and judged.

:shrug:

I’ll dig deeper into this.

I cannot see why this warrants any sort of discussion. Angels, being created beings, can be created by Allah and destroyed by Allah.

Why should Allah (or G-d) let angels die just so He could resurrect them again later on? Angels don't have to be judged, either, I think.

Here’s an Islamic article on this matter: islamqa.info/en/ref/96306

great find! :slight_smile:

“The Muslims, Jews and Christians are all agreed that this is possible and that Allaah is Able to cause it to happen”

:hmmm:

Animals die too, and they aren't even capable of sin. :shrug:

[quote="jakasaki, post:2, topic:288165"]
Some other sites claim the first sound of the trumpet every living creature which Allah created will die including angels. Also included are birds and animals.. :confused:

And at the 2nd sound of the trumpet, everything will be brought back to life and judged.

:shrug:

[/quote]

There is no online English translation for the authentic 4 Arabic commentaries we have for Quran, so I will translate it as accurate as possible:
[RIGHT]وَنُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَصَعِقَ مَنْ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَنْ فِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَّا مَنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ ثُمَّ نُفِخَ فِيهِ أُخْرَى فَإِذَا هُمْ قِيَامٌ يَنْظُرُونَ

[/RIGHT]

The red word above does not actually mean "swoon", it's literally means "strike" (like when the thunder strikes a person), the first trumpet which will sound will strike all those in earth and in heavens except (according to the official commentaries in my OP) Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, and Azriel (Archangel of Death), in which Azriel will be the last one to die. After all those species die (humans, Angels, etc) then the second trumpet will sound and they all will stand again, now the duration between the first and second trumpet (according to the commentaries in my OP) is 40 years, now whether that is an earth 40 years or a heavenly 40 years, that is a big question..... http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

[quote="Kouyate42, post:3, topic:288165"]
Angels, being created beings, can be created by Allah and destroyed by Allah.

[/quote]

Angels in heaven did not sin, they did not inherent the sin from Adam nor from Lucifer, so why they should die! why Allah want to stay alone for 40 years (according to the commentaries)!.

Read these quotes from the Bible regarding afterlife and how their is no mass distraction as in Islam:

*The 7 trumpets in Christianity:*

(Revelation 8:2):
Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

(Revelation 8:7):
"The first angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."

(Revelation 8:8):
"The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood."

(Revelation 8:10):
"The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water."

(Revelation 8:12):
"The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night."

(Revelation 9:1):
"And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit"

(Revelation 9:13):
"Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God,"

(Revelation 11:15):
"Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”"

Exactly, there is no valid point to do so, that is why I became sad when I read the full detailed Arabic commentaries, also there is another Islamic book:
[RIGHT]كتاب ابن الجوزي رحمة الله–بستان الواعظين ورياض السامعين
[/RIGHT]

In which more details are mentioned where it shows that St. Gabriel is crying and begging Allah to mitigate his death!!!

:(:(:frowning: That is really depressing, there is no valid reason at all to do that for St. Gabriel :hug1:.

Please do not compare apples to oranges!, Adam/Eve (representing humans) and the Serpent (representing animals) sinned and expelled from Eden, thus death had entered this world, the fall changed everything, humanity’s relationship with God was broken as was humanity’s relationship with all the animals, but that will not be the case later in heavens per (Isaiah 65: 25):
“The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, says the LORD.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.