In Marian Apparitions, did she ever say

…that she was “Mary the mother of Jesus Christ” or even just “Mary”? Did she ever say who she was?
Is the best we know she said was that she is “the Immaculate Conception”?

Any info or links to what was said in her apparitions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Know for certain that I am the perfect and perpetual Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God . . . here I will show and offer all my love, my compassion, my help and protection to the people. I am your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me. Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows . . . their necessities and misfortunes . . . Listen and let it penetrate your heart . . . Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?

Virgin of Guadalupe to Saint Juan Diego, December 9th and 12th, 1531, Mexico. A translation, of course, but an accurate one.

[quote=Joseph Bilodeau] …Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?

Yeah, forgiveness for trusting in a false god.
[/quote]

Y’know Tess, That is way outta line and insulting since you allege this about something that you don’t know beans about. I’d really appreciate it if you would keep that sort of anti-Catholic rhetoric to yourself. You may not know it but MILLIONs of Indians and Mexicans came to Christ because of that apparition. Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t give you the right to spout off like that. :mad:
[/quote]

The True God is a false god? How dare you say that about Jesus Christ!!!:mad:
[/quote]

Tess…I tremble when I think about how much joy the devil must find in your words. Sorry to be harsh friend, but you are way out of line and owe everyone here including our Blessed Mother an apology? If you can’t show respect and dialouge in a *civilized *fashion you have no right to be here.There are folks who here who do not agree or see eye to eye abut the Virgin Mary, but they are considerate and willing to listen. They will always be welcome because they show respect. I am truely embarrassed by your unthoughtfulness.
[/quote]

Internet dial-up service…$20

Anti-Catholic books and tracts…$100

The look on TessfromCalvary’s face when Our Lord asks her why she said bad things about his mother…priceless.

Scott

[quote=Caldera]…that she was “Mary the mother of Jesus Christ” or even just “Mary”? Did she ever say who she was?
Is the best we know she said was that she is “the Immaculate Conception”?

Any info or links to what was said in her apparitions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
[/quote]

This is from Mary’s message at Fatima:
fatima.org/essentials/facts/1917appar.asp
‘When you pray the Rosary, say after each mystery: O my Jesus, forgive us, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are most in need.’

VIVA MAXICO Y VIVA LA SANTISIMA VIRGEN MARIA DE GUADALUPE, REINA DE MEXICO Y EMPERATIZ DE AMERICA

SOME OF YOU HAVE A REAL HOLIDAY BASHING OUR LADY AND YOU SHOULD STOP IT BECAUSE:

1.- RESPECT TO CATHOLICS IN THIS SITE.
2.- I AM A MEMBER OF THE MILITIA OF THE INMACUATTA.
3.- I AM MEXICAN

THE NEXT THREAD AGAINST GOD, JESUS OR MARY WILL BE REPORTED.

Tess- What false god have you or do you believe in?
[/quote]

DEAR TESS:

PLEASE USE A LITTLE LOGIC, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MARY ASKING US NOT TO SIN AND TO TRUST HER, WHERE IS THAT CONTRARY TO ANY CHRISTIAN RELIGION, JUST REMEMBER THIS:
1.-JESUS TRUST HER AS HIS MOTHER, OR DO YOU THINK THAT JESUS WAS A LITTLE SNOB THAT DID NOT CARE ABOUT HIS MOTHER???

2.-“HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER”, DID JESUS HONOR MARY??? IF YOU ANSWER NO THEN JESUS SIN AND THE WHOLE CHRISTIANITY IS DOWN THE TUBES.

3.-PLEASE STUDY THE APPARITIONS AND THE ONLY 2 THINGS SHE SAID IS: 1.-DONT SIN AND LOVE GOD AND MY SON.

2.-TRUST ME I WILL HELP YOU. (REMEBER WHEN YOU WERE A SMALL CHILD AND YOU WANT TO GET A PERMITION FROM YOUR FATHER OR TO LIFT THAT PUNISHMENT, DID YOU GO WITH YOUR MOTHER FIRST??? 90% OF US DID)

THINK ABOUT THAT.

Sorry about the caps, i will never do it again

[quote=Joseph Bilodeau]. . . here I will show and offer all my love, my compassion, my help and protection to the people. I am your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me. Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows . . .Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?

[/quote]

Can someone help me with this? I don’t understand devotion to Mary very well at all. I do believe in her intercession, but the above confuses me. Why do we cry out to Mary? Why do we need confidence in her (like, for what really?), How is Mary the fountain of life? Why are we under her shadow and protection? Crossing of arms?

I just don’t get it…help please

Tess,

I gather from the reactions you have already gotten that either (1) you have made some anti-Catholic postings in the past that I have not seen (I’m a relative newcomer here) or (2) the people reacting to your post are jumping to conclusions. If I may ask, what do you mean by “forgiveness for trusting in a false god”?

• Liberian
    [/quote]

*“Can someone help me with this? I don’t understand devotion to Mary very well at all. I do believe in her intercession, but the above confuses me. Why do we cry out to Mary? Why do we need confidence in her (like, for what really?), How is Mary the fountain of life? Why are we under her shadow and protection? Crossing of arms?”

*That’s almost precisely what I was going to ask. I do most definitely believe in praying to Mary for her intercession, and in honoring her, and that she was the mother of Jesus and never sinned—but this seems excessive. We Catholics keep on saying that we do not worship Mary–we venerate her–but I am seeing more and more stuff that is seeming like worship, and it kinda scares me. I’m not trying to start a flame fest here, I’d just like some answers.

[quote=Catholic Tom]Can someone help me with this? I don’t understand devotion to Mary very well at all…
[/quote]

It’s very simple, really. Devotion is nothing more and nothing less than love, and we love Mary because she is our Mama. Jesus is our eldest brother, His father, God the the Father, is our Abba, our Daddy, and His Mama, Mary, is our Mama.

[quote=Catholic Tom]…I do believe in her intercession, but the above confuses me. Why do we cry out to Mary?..
[/quote]

All little children cry out to their mamas when they’re hurt, or frightened, or even just happy to see them.

[quote=Catholic Tom]…Why do we need confidence in her (like, for what really?),
[/quote]

I’m not sure how to answer this. It’s like asking why I need confidence in my mother who gave me birth. I suppose it could be argued that I don’t need confidence in her, but that thought just seems so… unthinkable. I know my Mama loves me and prays for me and watches out for me, and I know this for my Blessed Mother just as firmly as I do for my birth mother. That’s confidence. Maybe I don’t really need it, but I can’t imagine living without it.

[quote=Catholic Tom]How is Mary the fountain of life?
[/quote]

A fountain is the source from which somthing else procedes. Mary, by her fiat mihi, let it be done unto me according to your word, became the source by which the Word who is Life became flesh and dwelt among us.

[quote=Catholic Tom]Why are we under her shadow and protection? Crossing of arms?
[/quote]

Naturally, much of this is poetic language. We aren’t really under her shadow in the sense that we might be in the shadow of a shade tree, for example. Try to remember that Mary is our Mama and think of how little children are when they need protection. They run to their mama and stand close to them, often positioning themselves such that their mamas are positioned between them and whatever threatens. In their mama’s shadow, relative to the threat, as it were. Crossing of arms refers to the way a mother lovingly holds her child.

[quote=Catholic Tom]I just don’t get it…help please
[/quote]

Don’t worry about it. I didn’t get much of it myself before I had children of my own.

[quote=Catholic Tom]Can someone help me with this? I don’t understand devotion to Mary very well at all. I do believe in her intercession, but the above confuses me. Why do we cry out to Mary? Why do we need confidence in her (like, for what really?), How is Mary the fountain of life? Why are we under her shadow and protection? Crossing of arms?

I just don’t get it…help please
[/quote]

So who do you think was at the foot of the Cross ?
“Woman Behold thy Son, Son Behold thy Mother”.
Do you say that John was the brother of Jesus ?
If you believe that he was ,then who do you think Jesus was talking too, Himself ?
Wouldn’t Mary have already known that John was Her Son, why would Mary have to be told that John was Her son ?
Wouldn’t Mary have already known that John was Her son, without Jesus stating it.
Obviously John wasn’t Marys Son, :ehh:

[quote=Scott Waddell]Internet dial-up service…$20

Anti-Catholic books and tracts…$100

The look on TessfromCalvary’s face when Our Lord asks her why she said bad things about his mother…priceless.

Scott
[/quote]

Let’s rephrase this to make it more realistic . . .

Internet DSL service . . . . . $29

Holy Scripture which points us to Jesus alone . . . priceless

Look on Scott’s face when he gets to Heaven and realizes that Marian apparitions were demonic counterfeits that led many to devote their prayers and allegiance to Mary instead of the rightful Lord Jesus . . . tragic

I read too many quotes from these so-called apparitions to believe it could really be Mary. I believe they are demonic counterfeits. My opinion is not in any way intended as a slight against the mother of Jesus. It’s just a proper judgement that actually agrees with a number of Catholic bishops who’ve expressed similar misgivings over many of these apparitions. I mean, Medjagurie is so obviously a demonic fake that it practically screams satan as it’s source . . . to actually claim that all religions lead to God and that books such as the Poem of the Man God is good . . . hmm, it’s not hard to discern the source of that.

David

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.