In need of a blessing

I have been told that sometimes that I may be experiencing something called spiritual attack so without getting into any details I would just like to request that people pray for me. Thanks so much in advance, I would really appreciate it.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Divine Power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Prayers said for resolution to your issue.

Curious as what you interpretation is of a spiritual attack ?

Gracious Father,
You know all, see all, and works all through the Holy Spirit. Truthquester is in need of you right now. You understand already what he needs and, as you have promised, you are always with us.

Please send your holy angels to surround Truthquester, give him the strength and understanding he needs to get through this issue. Help him understand that the Holy Spirit will guide him in all knowledge and comfort him.

Thank you, Father, for your love that we can depend on. In your Son Jesus’ holy name we pray,

Amen!!

Stay strong - He is with us!

Prayers for strength to cope with these spiritual attacks. Hopefully you have talked to a priest or perhaps could for guidance.

St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle…

Mary

Praying to St. Michael the Archangel to watch over & protect you.

Lord, bless truthquester, that your hand be upon him and grant him peace.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, Amen.

:signofcross:

What I mean by spiritual attack is something I really don’t like to talk about. It is a long complicated story with events that go right back to my childhood when my mother went through a phase where she believed she was a witch and brought things into our home for many years like oiji boards, tarot cards ect., all the while pretending to be christian like everyone else and making us go to church every sunday which to say the least was confusing and scary. Misfortune always followed those things.

She told me she was a “natural” witch and so was I and that we came from a long long line of witches. I don’t follow that life style but it still haunts me to say the least, there are times when I feel such massive degrees of guilt over things I shouldn’t feel guilty about which leads to anxiety and depression to the point where I can’t even accept a birthday present from my husband because I don’t feel deserving or worthy.

It causes physical symptoms which I have had checked out by my dr. and there is nothing to it, I even had an mri done for “silent migraines” and nothing showed up. Things are much better than they used to be but there are times in my life when those old thoughts and feelings creep up so badly that it is comparable to post traumatic stress and maybe that is all that is is but I really don’t know and I appreciate all of the help that I can get.

Have you spoken about this with your priest? Would you feel comfortable doing this? I held something for a long time and I was miserable with it because it had a lot to do with my spiritual life (negatively) and I was a teacher in a Lutheran school. I held on to this guilt for a long time until I just had to get it out. I confessed this with a pastor and it was a lead weight off my shoulders.

I know you have not nor are presently involved with this, so there is a difference between us that way but I still think if you were to share this with your pastor or spiritual counselor you would be able to get the affirmation that you have done nothing wrong and nor are responsible for what your mother “put you through.” I think once reconciled that you would feel so much better physically and spiritually. I will continue to pray…

God bless,

Rita

Blessed Jesus, our friend is beset by stress. We know that the devil prowls like a roaring lion, seeking whom he might devour. Comfort your child in this affliction and provide the strength needed to stay safe in your arms. Heal the wounds both physical and mental of your dear child.

Have mercy, Lord.

Amen.

Amen!

QUOTE=Stilldreamn;12866545]Blessed Jesus, our friend is beset by stress. We know that the devil prowls like a roaring lion, seeking whom he might devour. Comfort your child in this affliction and provide the strength needed to stay safe in your arms. Heal the wounds both physical and mental of your dear child.

Have mercy, Lord.

Amen.

Amen :signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.