In need of healing

My dear friend’s grandfather is in a lot of pain right now, though I’m not sure of the details. I know that if he dies it will send her family crashing down. Her mother stopped praying because of the pain her father goes through, as well as one of her daughters having lost several babies. Pray that her grandfather may be healed, so that the family may be saved and he need not suffer, and that her mother and her herself return to God.

For the family

The grieving heart

Dear Mother Mary, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope , and when prayer seems no longer possible. Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

You deeply experienced the laceration of suffering and bereavement, Mother. It entered and filled your Son’s life, piercing your soul, echoing through all your years. You watched your beloved Child follow a path that led to His earthly annihilation. Grieving, you were powerless to murmur or to prevent Him who must be about His divine Father’s affairs. You suffered, prayed, and loved in silent faith, as so many must.

Like innumerable mothers throughout the ages, you watched with anguish the struggling progress of your Son’s destiny, amid rising danger of circumstance and others’ opposition. Finally, you beheld as others’ selfishness, unbelief, ambition, fear and pride, destroyed Him who only loved them and sought their salvation.

He hung there, your boy, cruelly nailed, struggling for breath and faith. You helplessly watched life drain from His pure, loved body as His struggle deepened in pain, fever and weakness. You would have protected Him whom you loved in excruciating intensity, but you could never choose to betray the divine intention that entrusted Him to you. “Your will be done!” your being replied endlessly with His to the divine Father.

Have pity on the anguished helplessness issuing from inability to alleviate the sufferings of dear ones. Mother crucified of heart, as we suffer with our dear ones’ pain and grief, please obtain for us such courage, obedience and selflessness as your own and His, so that the highest will of divine love shall be fulfilled in each of our lives.

Mother have pity on that terrible grief, that chasm of loss, the emptiness that stretches before the bereaved as they embrace their dead in their desolate hearts, as you have done. Let them find hope in Your dead son’s resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

Thank you, dear Mother.

Praying for this family’s healing.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying with you for the family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Thank you for your prayers. They’re greatly appreciated through these tough times.

In continuing prayers for your friends’
and also for you:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Praying for you friend’s grandfather and for his family.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Thank youTrishie and Jennie. I can’t express greater appreciation for your prayers.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Thank you for your prayers. Things are getting worse. My friend’s grandfather fell down for the second time, and he was laying in the bathroom for about three hours. It took two people to pick him up. Meanwhile my friend herself is having a scoliosis series, and is going to get x-rays. On top of that her sister just had surgery on her eye for a blocked tear duct. $22,000; and their family doesn’t have health insurance. Also, my father is going to need surgery on his arm for a huge muscle tear, in three different places. He’d have to take the next 6-9 months off from work, but he probably wouldn’t be able to pay the bills w/o his overtime.

Praying.

Thank you for your prayers Catherine.

I pray for your Mother to return to God, he is always faithful in spite of how we often are not.

My grandmother was going through a tough time for a while, she’s almost 100, and after moving down and visiting her many times, it seems she has bounced back with pep and vigor, so please, don’t lose hope, that old man may just surprise all of you and will be kept in my prayers as well.

Lord I pray for your grace and mercy to be with this family and help them remain faithful to you. Thank you, amen.
mlz

In continuing prayer

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Thank you all for your prayers. It is difficult, but I try my hardest to keep going. God will help us through our tough times.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.