In need of prayers, feeling lonely

I am asking for your prayers, brothers and sisters in Christ. I know that God is with me where ever I go. I know that He is always at my side, but I still cant help but feel lonely at times.

It’s natural, as you had a significant relationship taken from you a while ago, and it makes things hard sometimes, I’m sure.

I was just at Sunday evening Mass (Eastern Australian time) and was praying at Mass for those who post and/or visit CAF.

Upon arriving home, I briefly called my son who lives 1000 miles away before opening Prayer Intentions. He was just leaving a former workmate’s home so was in good spirits…but I email and/or speak to him on Skype every day as he’s just been through a divorce.

We mothers feel very much about this situation, this loneliness our sons can feel, so I feel very much for you…and I’ll pray for you, along with my son.

You can be okay sometimes, but other times it’s just plain lonely.

A hug from a mother,

Love, Trishie

Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily Bread and Forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive thouse who trespass against us and lead us not into Temptation but deliver un from evil.
AMEN

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Merciful God, please embrace our brothers and sisters who have no earthly family—through death, separation, alienation, or displacement.

Give them opportunities for a satisfying life. Allow them companionship with others, and lead them by avenues that will give them eternal communion with the family of Heaven.

Deepen our awareness of human fraternity with everyone, so that we may convey to anyone—who may have no close family, nor any particular attachments—that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, and that they are lovable and loved persons.

[FONT=Verdana][size=2]Loving God, to the unmarried or divorced, please grant grace to live in enjoyment of happy and chaste relationships. Let them fulfil the tasks individually intended for them in prayerful acceptance of Your gospel[/FONT][/size][FONT=Verdana][size=2] according to their true vocation. [/FONT][/size]

…in particular, compassionate God I beg your merciful love and healing for this my brother in Christ

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying that you find something or someone to fill the void …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Jesus, a friend in a situation similar to rivera, held up well at first but has now lost all heart and is losing his faith in loneliness and depression. As time goes on, sometimes this loneliness hangs more and more heavily.
Remember that the Creator knew that "it is not good for man to be alone"
to please give satisfying structures and friendships to those upon whom aloneness has been imposed by others’ desertion from their lives.

Jesus today my particular concern is those who suffer loneliness and abandonment because they have lost their marriage partners to divorce and cannot obtain an annulment, so remain in a lonely no-mans-land, for the rest of their lives.

I feel very bad about that, Jesus. I find it awful that they are in this predicament for life, even though they long to have spouses and family, and would be great marriage partners and parents. This really hurts, and they can become very depressed…and some can go on to sin due to their inability to bear this huge cross of loneliness.
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
Where possible please allow annulment and a new beginning, a new happy Sacramental marriage, and family to cherish and raise.

Jesus please give each of them grace to turn to You in their loneliness and need.
Please inspire a caring friend or family to welcome and include them.
Please help hem to find companionship and structure for their lives, serving others with Christian charity.
Surround them with Your light and love,
each person in this situation.
Thank You, Jesus

Jesus please hear our prayers for rivera

Dear Lord, please put someone good and loving in Rivera’s life to bless his/her life in a special way. I pray that Rivera can attend daily Mass (if he/she doesn’t already). Rivera will be with the Greatest Friend in the world and will receive the graces he/she needs to cope with his/her occassional loneliness better - and will even be able to share in the company of others in joyful worship. Please bless Rivera with an especially deep and moving relationship with You and help bring her to an even deeper devotional friendship with Your (and our) Mother Mary. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

I am praying for you. Mercyiful Lord, please pray for all brother and sisters that are feeling lonely by comfronting them in their time of need.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Praying hard for your happiness and peace of mind.

Jesus please have compassion on those who, along with Rivera, suffer loneliness and abandonment because they have lost their marriage partners to divorce and cannot obtain an annulment, so remain in a lonely no-mans-land, for the rest of their lives.

Have mercy on those who are in this predicament for the remainder of life, even though they long to have spouses and family, and would be great marriage partners and parents. This really hurts, and they can become very depressed…and some can go on to sin due to their inability to bear this huge cross of loneliness.

Where possible please allow annulment and a new beginning, a new happy Sacramental marriage, and family to cherish and raise.

Jesus please give each of them grace to turn to You in their loneliness and need.
Please help hem to find companionship and structure for their lives, serving others with Christian charity.
each person in this situation, in particular, Rivera.
Thank You, Jesus

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

May the good Lord give you a better future than at present seems possible.

Jesus please have compassion on those who, along with Rivera, suffer loneliness and abandonment because they have lost their marriage partners to divorce and cannot obtain an annulment, so remain in a lonely no-mans-land, for the rest of their lives.

Have mercy on those who are in this predicament for the remainder of life, even though they long to have spouses and family, and would be great marriage partners and parents. This really hurts, and they can become very depressed...and some can go on to sin due to their inability to bear this huge cross of loneliness.

each person in this situation, in particular, Rivera.
Thank You, Jesus

Amen

Amen

Amen

You had times of loneliness, and of aloneness in Your earthly life, Jesus.
Please give new hope and new beginnings to rivera, and to others who are enduring loneliness, and who are in need of others' prayer and friendship.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.