In need of prayers

Hi All,

I am in real need of prayer right now. I lost mom six months ago after being together one week shy of 60 years. She died 12/26/08. I really did a wrong thing. I went into her room to look for a pair of pants. I have lost so much weight and could only find one pair of pants in the stores I liked. I thought that just going in the take a look in her closet, that she might have a size I could wear. Well, this was something I should not have done. The flood gate are open. I think the grief and realization of the past six months have caught up with me. I can’t stop crying. Please send prayers my way. Today, I think is worse than the day she died. I just can’t stop crying.

Thank you.

:console: lakotak, I lost my wonderful Mother last July (my Father had passed away 5 years previously) and I know what you are going through. Even now something will happen, I will hear a certain song or smell a certain perfume and I will start crying. It is natural and healthy to greive and if you don’t let all of this out it will only make you unwell (I am speaking from my own experience here). I will hold you in my prayers and thoughts and please be kind to yourself.

There is a forum on here that will help you it is called ‘good grief’, why don’t you check it out?

If you want to talk then please feel free to pm me, I may not get back right away but be assured I WILL get back to you :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing. I tried going to the Grief forum, but can’t figure out how to join. I couldn’t post a new thread. Not sure how that forum works. How do I post on that forum?

It is never easy to lose some one we love- jesus gives us comfort- he knows how are hearts hurt.& no one can tell us how to grive we all do this different. But god sees us though. I still miss my loved ones & still cry & i thank god for the beautiful memories i have of them… We all know we will see them again. But till then we miss there touch,voice company. But the lord gives us hope-- take heart, he will comfort you .:slight_smile:

Lakotak, Be comforted and know that the soul and spirit of your Mother is in the sweetest corner of His mind and the most tender place in his heart. I pray for you to have the strength to remember that she has not gone far. For she is with God and shall remain so forever. She remains in you too for we are all in Him together. The cord that binds us one to the other cannot be cut, not by death for God has brought us together and we remain in eternal connection. There is no power greater than God. Death was not Jesus’ master and it is not yours or your mother’s. Believe these things and ask your heart to understand. Surrender to the Lord your grief and your pain. May the Lord take care of your dear mom who has passed and also you. Three years ago I lost my Grandmother, who was so dear to me. She was 96 years old when she was called home. I guess I thought she would always be here. I too cry at times when I think of her. I still miss her. I have her voice on my answering machine and have not yet had the courage to listen to it. So I know what you are feeling. It’s ok to cry. You need to. When Jesus walked on the water in a great storm to get to his followers and Peter started to sink, he did not stop the storm but reached out his hand to help Peter get through it, just as He is reaching out to you. Know you are not alone He is always with you and we are too. Thinking of you and praying for you.

Thank you and everyone else here for your thoughts and prayers. I thought that God’s presence was with me strongly earlier this morning, now I know why. He knew that I was going to do this and he wanted me to know that He would still be with me afterwards. Grief is such a journey and we never know when we will find ourselves crying by the side of the road on that journey. It is comforting to know that others have made the same stop in the road on their journey before you.

Praying that God may grant you His peace.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you. Blessed are you amoung women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. amen.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.