In need of prayers

I am devastated at this time. I just lost my mother in December 2008 and I just got news that my only sister has non-hodgkins lymphona. Please pray for us.

Dear Lord, please look upon lakotak and behold with compassion the full impact of this news compounding the grief that is already held within following the loss of their mother.
Please hold lakotak and lakotak’s sister tenderly in Your love. It’s a lot to process, Lord, and a lot to deal with.
Please surround them with Your light and love.
Please allow the blessing of modern medical research help lakotak’s sister in every possible way.

God bless you, your sister, you family. :grouphug:

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our sick under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant ("lakotak and lakotak’s sister ") to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will and know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Praying for you!

:gopray:

Dear Father in Heaven I pray for Lakotak’s sister for her full recovery and rehabilitation. I also pray for Lakotak that she may have strength to support and encourage her sister, especially after the loss of their mother. In Christ’s name. Amen.

My Prayers are with you. God Bless.

*Oh lakotak…I’m so sorry. :frowning: My prayers are with you…If you ever want to talk about it…I started a ‘grief support group’ here…link below. God bless, and may God strengthen you during this very trying time. *

Reasons for Trials
James 1:1-12
One of the best tests of Christian growth and maturity is trouble. When a believer goes through personal trials, they discover the kind of faith they really possess. Trials not only reveal our faith, but they also develop our character. James is written to show us that God is trying to produce in us the kind of faith that overcomes. “The trying of your faith worketh patience.” Patience is enduring faith, faith with staying power. Verses 1-12 are speaking of the trials and tests that come into our lives from outside circumstances. God is trying to produce in every Christian “faith that overcomes,” that endures, that has staying power. Far too many Christians fall by the wayside when temptations and trials come. God is trying to produce an inward change by allowing and even ordaining outward trials to build in us an overcoming faith. He wants us to understand that trials in the Christian life are not unique. They are for every Christian (Mt 5:10-12; 1 Pe 4:12). If you are going through trials right now, realize that God is not picking on you (1 Co 10:13). He has a purpose!

Trials and testings happen in our life to produce real Christian joy
Trials and testing happen in our life to produce in you an enduring faith
Trials and testings happen in our life to mature us as a Christian
Trials and testings happen in our life to drive us to prayer
Trials and testings happen to bring equality among the brethren
Trials and testings happen to bring us reward in heaven

Praying for both you and you’re sister. God bless

Lord, that was an excellent post by nancy dalrymple to help lakotak with (2 posts prior to this). May lakotak find in that post the wisdom that will set him/her free. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please look upon lakotak and behold with compassion the full impact of this news compounding the grief that is already held within following the loss of their mother.
Please hold lakotak and lakotak’s sister tenderly in Your love. Please surround them with Your light and love.
Please allow the blessing of modern medical research help lakotak’s sister in every possible way.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Lakotak and her family. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us!

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Glory to God in the highest And peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever.
Amen.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

Praying hard to St. Peregrine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.