In Thanksgiving...

...for the first steps of a reconciliation between myself and a friend / former gf (known her for 6 years) who I've not talked to for about a year. When we broke up, she hurt me pretty badly, and for a while, it was good to be away. But, after a time, I was unable to let go of that anger and pain...for two years in total, I've carried it around, feeling worse and worse, sometimes to the point of despair.

Tonight, by God's grace, I got to talk with her a bit, as well as her husband.

She hugged me, and smiled at me, and I told her I missed her, and I think she said the same. Her husband was the nicest guy, too.

I feel...weak, and drained. I have wanted to be able to let go of this anger and hurt for a long, long time...I think I can, now. I'm not exactly sure how I feel...empty, almost. But it's a good feeling...not weighed down by the specter of something that's been eating away at me for two years. I didn't know how badly I'd been feeling, not really, until I came home tonight and cried like a baby.

I give thanks to God for his great mercy on me, opening the path to peace, reconciliation, and a new start, especially in being able to love myself. Thank you, Jesus. It is more than I will ever deserve.

Holy Trinity we thank You for this great kindness and ask continuing healing for Lochias.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Thank You Lord for all Your blessings.

Praise God, indeed.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks be to God!!

I am offerring a prayer of Thanksgiving to God for his many blessings

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

For Lochias.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.