Incest a 'fundamental right', German committee says

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11119062/Incest-a-fundamental-right-German-committee-says.html
Laws banning incest between brothers and sisters in Germany could be scrapped after a government ethics committee said the they were an unacceptable intrusion into the right to sexual self-determination.
“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the German Ethics Council said in a statement. “The fundamental right of adult siblings to sexual self-determination is to be weighed more heavily than the abstract idea of protection of the family.”
Their intervention follows a notorious case in which a brother and sister living as partners in Saxony had four children together. The couple had been raised separately and only met when the brother, identified only as Patrick S, was an adult, and his sister Susan K was 16.
Patrick S was sentenced to more than three years in prison for incest and the couple have since failed in their bid to have the guilty verdict overturned by the European Court of Human Rights.*

Wow. What further depths of depravity and perversity shall we sink to?

Oh I can only imagine what they will think of next.

I’m gonna vomit :takethat:

And the tireless work of Cultural Marxism marches on…

I’m not quite seeing the marxism.
the prioritization of individual (in this case described as sexual self-determination) over the (abstract idea of protection of the family (collective good?) seems more of a hallmark of libertarianism.

May God bless you and all who visit our thread.
jt

:crying::bigyikes::dts::banghead::bighanky::coolinoff:

Ahhhh drats now all those people who said we were being hyperbolic when some of us asked what was next after gay “marriage” and made a few predictions along those lines are gonna have to take it all back. I won’t hold my breath but I will say that we told you so.

Apparently the “slippery slope” is a fallacy

not.

We’ve seen the same slide down the slope in abortion and euthanasia too.

Aaaaaaaannnnnddd…there it is.It was only a matter of time. I have warned my liberal coworkers, allowing same sex unions will make way for incestuous ones. “Nah! You’re being ridiculous!” they said.

To all of them:

Told ya so.

Sssshhhhhh, don’t bring any of that ‘liberal’ ‘marxist’ logic stuff here, it clashes too much with the lunacy idea that somehow Liberal values (with a big L, enlightenment liberal) are bad.

This as you said, is a pretty good example of libertarian individualism gone wild.

(Here’s a hint, Marx wasn’t a sexual revolutionary)

Are people really that surprised?

Because if that’s the case, the problem is worse than I thought.

I’m wondering why we’re not putting people in jail for any and all sin. What should the prison term for adultery be?

Nope, no surprise here. Basically, when people cease understanding marriage, there are no more marriages, or at least they are rarities. People get married, even in traditional male/female unrelated marriages that is, with the idea that it is conditional on post marital behavior. During vows it starts with one of them holding “unless they cheat on me, as long as the sex is good, as long as they aren’t too grouchy, as long as they aren’t too annoying, as long as they don’t challenge me in any way and I still feel like I am living on my own with my own rules except now I can have sex!”, in their hearts. This all started by legalizing divorce. Satan is going after the Sacraments. He is having a field day with Matrimony.

I’ve been saying it for years- marriage is between one man and one woman-for life.
marriage is about family and procreation, not just about “love”.
it is both unitive and procreative and once you move away from that model and accept marriages based on anything else such as same sex unions, there is no longer any argument against polygamy, polyamory, incestuous marriages and the like.
So naturally once same sex marriage is legalized and normalized, then the other strange unions will come quick in short order.

You know, I will admit, the transition from allowing queer “weddings” to incestuous ones came faster than I expected. I mean, it *was * expected, but that was quick. We are watching morals collapse like a tower. It is accelerating.

This was predictable from the rejection of Humanae Vitae written by soon to be Blessed Paul VI in 1968. You can be sure the occasion of his beatification will bring many comments about how he was hateful and authoritarian in defending the same view of marriage that the church had always held. Paul VI was truly prophetic and those who rejected his defense of marriage were the ones who were hateful and caused great harm to society. Sadly, those who rejected Humanae Vitae included many Catholics and even many bishops. May God forgive them.

ansa.it/english/news/2014/09/26/pope-paul-vi-to-be-beatified-october-19_e4eb8729-6b65-4d2e-a53a-2590055d1734.html

Wow! You said it Holly.:eek:

Soon they’ll want rights for active pedophiles. Watch!

That’s already going on there careful to mask their intentions. . What they’re trying to do is lower the age of consent or if possible eliminate the age of consent completely

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.