Increase of Atheists around the world, increase of crime any coincidence?

The Holy Prophets rightly warned us these wicked days will be just the begin and to increase.

Before any Governments and Law firms were Established…

I also know we as believers are not innocent either.

1 Like

I would say no. Atheism breeds immorality. Why bother being a good person when nothing in life matters? When morality is relative, then nothing is off the table.

As Aleister Crowley once said

do what thou Wilt will be the extent of the law

3 Likes

When can I expect to become a criminal, after half a century of atheism?

8 Likes

You’ll find out when you die if you still continue to be an atheist

Atheism is on the increase world wide. So is crime and violence.

I think personally it’s all linked and will only become worse.

1 Like

As do I friend. I fear for the next Generations, they have to live through all this godlessness, which only seems to be getting worse.

Pray for them, and teach them well.

2 Likes

What were you taught growing up?
What are we teaching kids growing up today?

in atheism, there are no morals

when we teach kids they can do what they want, they do.

without morals breaking the law is just something else to do. in CA you can shoplift up to $950 and pay a fine if they come after you. why not?

2 Likes

To use the US of A as an example, only about 3% of the population are atheists and only about 0.2% of the prison population. So that’s 6% of atheists are bad guys. Whereas just about 30% of the rest of y’all have criminal records. https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2017/aug/18/andrew-cuomo/yes-one-three-us-adults-have-criminal-record/

It’s obvious that we’re not pulling our weight so maybe we’re playing catch up. Either that or you just made up a random claim that bears no relationship to reality.

4 Likes

Recently watching a documentary on prison life and this long term criminal said , it’s amazing what a person is capable of, when they do not believe in God.

In the Uk it’s closer to 46%.

When other people are better off economically, you can buy better things as they produce more.

Here’s some other interesting statistic: although less than 3% of Americans are atheists, the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world, 716 people per 100,000 are in prison. The US has only 4.4% of the world’s population, but 22% of the world’s prisoners. About 7% of Europeans, on the other hand, are atheists, more than twice the percentage of the US, but only 102 people per 100,000 there are in prison, a much lower rate than in the US. So maybe crime goes down the more atheists there are.

5 Likes

Is there a suggestion our Uk crime rate is growing faster than USA ?

My children were raised by atheist parents and never taught that 'they can do what they want". They spend their days doing good. The suggestion that they are inclined to criminality is too absurd to be offensive. I feel sorry for those trapped in this sort of simplistic thinking.

12 Likes

[Citation Needed]

5 Likes

I don’t believe atheism inherently leads in immoral behavior. you would be disregarding all individuality and nurture/nature.

Well the stats on America have blown my question right out of the water.

So why is crime on the rise?

You really need to cite a source, otherwise you’re not giving anyone a chance to answer your question.

2 Likes

Yeah.You really need to cite some sources. Here’s a factoid to get you started on some homework:

Crime rates have varied over time, with a sharp rise after 1963, reaching a broad peak between the 1970s and early 1990s. Since then, crime has declined significantly in the United States,[1] and current crime rates are approximately the same as those of the 1960s.[2] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Will you allow atheists the credit if crime is actually decreasing?

3 Likes

This is incorrect and oversimplistic. There are plenty of moral atheists out there.

The atheists I know live by a moral code, it is just not derived from a belief in a god or gods or religion but rather from a social or philosophical concept of how people should treat each other, and also sometimes from a lack of belief in the afterlife. Those who believe that there’s no afterlife or judgment after death, and that life is one’s only legacy will often strive to leave good things on earth, such as scientific advances or good memories in the minds of surviving family and friends, because they see that as their only reason for existence and their only chance to be remembered after death.

8 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.