Increased Desire to Go to Church?

Since I began attending Mass over the summer and since starting RCIA in the fall, I’ve been experiencing this increased desire to go to church. I grew up going to church regularly (sometimes a few times a week for Bible study, prayer meeting, youth activities) but stopped going regularly in college and later grad school. Also during grad school, I tried a bunch of different denominations so I wasn’t regularly going to church. Now, I want to go sometimes multiple times a week. Yesterday, I went to the tridentine mass. Tomorrow, I was thinking about going to a large cathedral since I’ll be in the area and then I thought to myself, let me see when they have mass. :o

I just wondered if anyone else went through this? Is God trying to tell me something?

Just relax and let nature take its course. Enjoy the fact that you are able to worship G*d in his house more than once a week! Thank the Lord that you are able to do so and don't question it. Accept the gift!

[quote="SeekNFind, post:1, topic:268148"]
Since I began attending Mass over the summer and since starting RCIA in the fall, I've been experiencing this increased desire to go to church. I grew up going to church regularly (sometimes a few times a week for Bible study, prayer meeting, youth activities) but stopped going regularly in college and later grad school. Also during grad school, I tried a bunch of different denominations so I wasn't regularly going to church. Now, I want to go sometimes multiple times a week. Yesterday, I went to the tridentine mass. Tomorrow, I was thinking about going to a large cathedral since I'll be in the area and then I thought to myself, let me see when they have mass. :o

I just wondered if anyone else went through this? Is God trying to tell me something?

[/quote]

I think it's more your Soul yearning for God, and yes I went through it, in fact throughout Lent before I was received, I was at Daily Mass, because I just wanted to be there, I never approached Communion, but just to here the Priest say "BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD" and to meet God face to face :)

If your schedule allows, going to daily Mass is a wonderful thing! If you are able to go to special Masses at different churches (like the cathedral), it is also like a field trip. :D

When possible, like this week on vacation, I try to go daily Mass and see God come down from heaven right there on the altar in my parish church!

I find this. Particularly with the EF Low Mass, sans-Homily. I enjoy homilies, don't get me wrong. I just find that I enjoy the pure Mass with no interruptions in addition to the standard format on Sunday.

I find, more and more, a peace in the church that is palpably absent outside of it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Mass was great today. It was nice being in a different church which was beautiful! I'm always in awe when I look around me and see people professions their faith. I find myself tearing up sometimes too. Whatever this is, I like it. :D

I,am glad to here that you desire to increase your wanting to go to Mass more often. I did the same for awhile,but my job hrs change and I couldn,t go every day. I,am going to try again,but you keep up your desire. May God Bless you.Amen.

Normal.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

By all means, try out different parishes. “Steeple Chase” when travelling. And bring your camera. You might get some glares if you start taking pictures during Mass, but before or after, snap away!

Very old thread. The OP may or may not be in the same situation

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.