Roman Catholics 1,105,808,000
Independents 416,541,000
Protestants 369,848,000
Orthodox 218,427,000
Anglicans 78,745,000

wholesomewords.org/missions/greatc.html

Independants= claim no affiliation, pos. non-denominational

My guess.

[quote=Paris Blues]I’ve never heard of a religion called Independents but I guess it exits:

Christian 2,106,962,000
Roman Catholics 1,105,808,000
Independents 416,541,000
Protestants 369,848,000
Orthodox 218,427,000
Anglicans 78,745,000

wholesomewords.org/missions/greatc.html
[/quote]

Aren’t both protestants and Catholics Christian?

What is Christian? I thought all followers of Christ are christians?

[quote=ElizabethAnne]Aren’t both protestants and Catholics Christian?
[/quote]

This discussion is on the Non-Catholic page: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=89365

[/quote]

I guess she means that of the 2.1 billion Christians in the world, 1.2 billion are Catholics.

[/quote]

Radio Replies, Ans 220" …To say that God is indifferent as to whether a man is Protestant or a Catholic goes very close to blashemy. If He revealed the doctrines of Protestantism, He could not possibly be pleased with one who would deliberately accept the opposite by embracing Catholicism."

Andy

Christians just means an aggregate number… it’s fascinating… 1.4 billion total members of Apostolic Churches that believe in the Real Presence, the importance of the Communion of Saints, Sacred Tradition. It’s amazing when you grow up all your life in a Protestant country (even where I did in the North, which has millions of us Catholics).

[/quote]

It looks like the “Christian” figure is supposed to be the total
It almost, but not quite, adds up

I suppose independents are store-front churches and the like

Anybody know where churches such as Old Catholic, Ancient Catholic, Liberal Catholic et al fit in?

[quote=steveandersen]It looks like the “Christian” figure is supposed to be the total
It almost, but not quite, adds up

I suppose independents are store-front churches and the like

Anybody know where churches such as Old Catholic, Ancient Catholic, Liberal Catholic et al fit in?
[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t understand that the Christian figure is the total.

As far as blasphemy goes, I would consider both Catholics and protestants to be Christians. Nowhere did I say the difference between the two was negligible. In fact, my capitalization may hint otherwise.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.