INDIA - Assam: separatist guerrilla attacks, 56 dead and over 80 injured. Curfew imposed. [AN]

Villagers taken from their homes and gunned down in summary executions; women and children amongst the victims. Revenge in response to the army offensive against separatists of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB). Condemnation of the Indian Premier and Head of State.

More…

This is bad. Communists or just person’s who want their own country??

I didn’t realize India actually encircled Bangladesh where this state of “Assam” is.

As I previously said, India for a country of 1 billion people seems to have it’s share of this kind of violence fairly occasionally and probably have for always.

This story made me curious, in the past 3 decades, 10,000 have died in this insurgent violence of that area. Underlying this, when this one family started hearing shots, they ran to the Church where they met up with other survivors. These insurgents have also attacked others including Muslims.

This land Assam seems to be where Tigers and the Indian Rhinoceroses live as well. The death toll is climbing.

SHAMUKJULI:** Instead of celebrating Christmas in her home, Rina Vor and her four young children were huddled in a church Thursday along with hundreds of other survivors** of a rebel massacre that killed 72 members of her tribe.
Vor said she putting her kids to sleep in her village in Assam when she heard the gunfire. She quickly gathered the children and ran to the church for safety, leaving behind her house and belongings.
The attacks late Tuesday in the state’s Sonitpur and Kokrajhar districts — the worst in months in the ethnically mixed region — were carried out by a faction of the Bodo tribe, which has been fighting for a separate homeland for decades.

bangaloremirror.com/bangalore/cover-story/Tears-on-Christmas-as-Assam-refugees-fear-for-their-future/articleshow/45643990.cms

blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.com/folk-theorem/assam-terror-attack-with-hindutva-knocking-at-his-door-tarun-gogoi-has-to-act/ Gives some history.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.