Infertility, A Spiritual Journey - A miracle of Hope

Just after Christmas in 2009, I did a pregnancy test ( after 14 years of marriage and being told by doctors that I was infertile ) and I found out I was PREGNANT !

• Here is a picture of my miracle at 18 weeks old

-http://xa9.xanga.com/bd3f53fa65331263717314/b210239106.jpg

I was told by doctors that I was infertile and that my options were IVF or nothing
... well, I chose nothing in obedience with the church

.. but ... *Nothing is impossible to God !!! *

God has healed my infertility and has given us a wonderful blessing and gift and my husband and I are both celebrating with joy our miracle baby boy born on July 5th 2010. He is named Francis after the little boy (francisco) that seen Our Lady in Fatima

I can think of no better comment or prayer that would express my joy than to echo the words of Mary in the Gospel of Saint Luke.

I have shared the journey leading to this miracle with you all over a number of threads in the Forum. I share it especially with any person out there who suffers with infertility to give them Hope.

KEEP FAITH, KNOW THAT GOD IS WITH YOU IN THESE TIMES WHEN YOU STRUGGLE AND HIS HANDIWORK IS TO BE MARVELLED AT. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. PLACE YOUR HOPE IN HIM. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GOD.

MAGNIFICAT ( THE CANTICLE OF MARY)

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.
He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.
The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's awesome!! :hug1:

That was beautiful, thank you for sharing your journey with us. I love seeing how God is present in so many little things in our life, things that often may go unnoticed by us. Congratulations on your little one!!!

Congratulations! The Spirit of God is with you!:)

Everyone here is excited, as God had blessed you with new life.

(From Serene)MAGNIFICAT ( THE CANTICLE OF MARY)

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.
He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.
The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

:amen:

I am filled with joy and happiness for you!!! Thank you very much for sharing your story!

:amen::byzsoc::angel1::bounce::blessyou:

I am happy beyond words for you. God bless and keep both you and babe! :)

Thank you SO much for taking all the time to post your journey! Congratulations on your beautiful baby.

I can't tell you how wonderful and inspiring it is to read a story like yours......I too have "chosen nothing" to align myself with God's will. Although in my heart I now know that it is never "nothing" as God's true will for me is always "Not Now or Something Even Better"......

I rarely post or find support or inspiration in this forum because the majority of the time, even though it is a Catholic forum I came to-the answers are still the same as all the non-catholic forums I've joined-like you say "Get IVF and confess" "Get IVF and don't tell anyone".....or even worse just a bunch of arguing back and forth of why IVF is or isn't wrong.

I am Catholic because I believe and strive to follow the teachings-not the other way around....so this was a wonderful, lovely, inspirational story!

Thanks again and may you continue to be blessed.

Wow! What a wonderful story of faith and Our Lady leading you deeper & to trust in Jesus!
I hope Francis is healthy (and you also), and your DH will find his way to Jesus.

My DIL has been married a yr and a half, and SO wants to have a natural child. Adoption is okay with them, but my son is in the service, so they move often and it will be difficult to have a home study conducted, interviews, and all that procedure.

I gave her a rosary when my DIL converted and I don't know if she has started to pray it, but I will see her this weekend, and I want to pray just a decade with her.

I have prayed a novena to St Gianna Molla also and will continue to pray, though my DIL is 35, so she feels as though the clock is ticking.

I remind her my mom had me when she was 39 and my younger bro at 42!

Glory to God!

Mimi

That is such fantastic news, I’ve got fertility issues which have got worse since being diagnosed with another condition that makes it even more difficult. I hope god intervenes for me like he did for you.

Did you pray to anyone to intercede your prayers~?

Many blessings for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

God bless

Sadie

Serene37,
It brings me such joy to read your story. I sit here in tears, joyful for you and hopeful for me. This is the first time I've searched the forums for a glimmer of hope. And God lead me to you. I am approaching the 2 year anniversary of my miscarriage (10 weeks). It is painful these days. I don't know what I was searching for exactly tonight...a sign, a story, hope, something. I stumble upon your story first....and I'm hopeful! Your beautiful baby was born on my birthday! Pray for me as I will pray for you!

One more thing…you posted this on my wedding anniversary too! :slight_smile:

Wow, this is awesome. Congratulations! God always works in His time… never ours…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.