Information for those who have family members w/IBD

Hello Everyone,

I would like to first of all thank everyone for their prayers while I am dealing with some side effects from my Crohn’s disease.

In return, I would like to offer some information to those who have been diagnosed with IBD (Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative Colitis) or who have family members living with it.

The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America recently started an information Resource Center via a hotline and a live chat M-F 9 am - 5 pm (EST). The number is 1-888-694-8872 and the website is www.ccfa.org. These are run by healthcare professionals well versed with this illness. You can even locate a local support chapter by clicking on Chapter & Events; then click on the state you live in and the information will appear showing the dates, time, and place for the meetings.

Again, your prayerful support is truly appreciated. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Prayers for you. My husband has ulcerative colitis, and of course it’s been in a flare-up these last few months. We also have a family friend who was just diagnosed with Crohn’s as well as celiac. She is only 21, and was down to 65lb! They are horrible diseases without a cure. The link was great, hubby got lots of info there when he was diagnosed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.