Information on Quality Vestment Appliques?

I am looking for information on appliques for vestments - type, quality, sources, etc.

Are they sewn on? Are iron on appliques of lower quality? Any worries about laundering or dry cleaning? I don’t want it to look cheap, discolor or have it half falling off.

Sources? Gaspard sure is pricey! gaspardinc.com/fabric-trim-altar-linens/appliques.html. Any other sources I might browse?

Any information from those with experience would be appreciated.

-Tim-

I can’t remember where I used to buy them from, it’s been a while, but they are always sewn on. I’ll look though my old notes.

I looked through the Gaspard selections. While the selection is very limited, the prices are comparable to other sources.

Try this source:
La Lame, Inc.
lalameinc.com/

Here’s a link to their selection of emblems
lalameinc.com/index.php?file=productlist&icat_id=20&perpagelimit=500&icat_id=20&sortval=0&page=1&itemperpage=500&sortby=vproduct_name_asc

They also have more available in their catalog. They don’t make their entire selection available online.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.