Information you do not know, where does it come from?

I have been wondering where information you do not know nor anyone tells you. Where does it come from?

I am sure there is a plausible explanation for it, but I have never been able to work it out.

I have in mind last year when I took some elderly ladies to a pilgrimage centre for a diocesan mass. I regularly took that route and I regularly took the same route back again.

Enroute came to a fork in the road. I needed the left hand fork. I felt a compelling urge to take the right hand fork. I ignored it and went left. The further I went, there was a terrible forboding feeling. It was really heavy. About a mile or so up the road the feeling to turn around and go back THE WRONG WAY was so intense I had to stop the car, reverse into a field [did I feel foolish] and take the long route back via the opposite direction.

I got the ladies home and thought no more of it.

The next day in the local press read about a section of road where the road surface had melted. Cars driving into it were in a right mess. Even the police cars which attempted to stop cars using that road, got their tyres in it. The surface literally just melted and their tyres melted into it.

The road I was going to take would have come out right into the middle of the mess. We would have been really stuck. The elderly ladies would have found it very distressing. They would not have been able to get out of the car as they would not have been able to walk on the road surface. It could have proven life threatening to them. Other road users had to remain with their cars until they could be rescued by heavy plant which was not readily available late on Sunday evening. Most had to remain in their cars until the next day.

I have no idea why I just had to turn around. I did not know about the problem until I read about it in the press the following day. Where did it come from? How did I know not to go that way?

Please do not attribute it to the supernatural. I am sure there is a perfectly logical explanation but I am damned if I can think of it.

It comes from the Holy Spirit through our Guardian Angel. It happens to me so frequently I am no longer surprised by it. Remember to thank your G A.

Unless there was any possibility that you can in contact with a news source that you did not consciously hear but subconsciously remembered, then you my friend have had some supernatural help.

Hi Sixtus,

Just responded to your other post about the singing. You are experiencing some supernatural things. They’re not natural so don’t bother looking for “natural” explanations.

These experiences may be caused by God or they may be caused by the devil - or both. By both, I mean God may give you the grace of experiencing a supernatural phenomena. The danger is the recipient can become attached to such things, seek them. Also, there can be a temptation to spiritual pride. That can be Satan’s cue to start producing a few of his own. I have experienced some of these types of things, and as far as I know they were from God.

At some point I read one of St. John of the Cross’s books, and didn’t like or understand (at first) his strong warnings and resistance to such things, But, with prayer and God’s help, I came to recognize the wisdom of his advice. (Actually, I think it was God’s grace that made sure I read his books! :)) I can’t remember for sure which book - Dark Night of the Soul, or Ascent of Mt. Carmel - it was that addressed this issue, but I would strongly recommend that you read it.

I’m away from home at the moment or I’d check and see which book it is. Maybe someone else on the forum knows and can let you know; also, what chapter to go to.

Nita

:amen:

Angel of God
my guardian dear
To whom God’s love
commits me here
Ever this day
be at my side
To light and guard
Rule and guide

Catechism of the Catholic Church # 336

From infancy to death human life is surrounded by their (the angels) watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united to God

God Bless

From infancy to death human life is surrounded by their (the angels) watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united to God

I have absolutely no doubt our angel DOES intervene as I have been in real poops. An example which still sends shivers up my spine was As a young [and somewhat foolish] man spent the afternoon in a car breakers looking at old cars. As it grew to twilight, decided to walk back to my car, on the other side of the large compound, remove some tools find a car with the bit I needed, dismantled it, went to the office to pay for it but it was shut. Saw the owners bungalow at the top of the hill, walked up and rang the door bell. The door opened, the woman who stood there, looked at me and all colour drained from her face.

She beckoned me inside quickely. She called to her husband who on coming through, looked at me and lost all colour in his face, she asked me to relay my story, I did, he went even paler.

I looked on in slight amusement. He explained ‘the office closed two hours ago’. The dogs were let loose to roam the compound. They were very large wild wolf-like German Shepherd dogs. There were 4 of them. I had been wondering around freely without a care in the world with 4 wolf like German Shephards.

I wonder how I managed to avoid 4 wild dogs, walk around freely, make noises with tools and walk to the main office, then upto the owners bungalow at the top of the hill has remained for me a complete mystery, It was obviously a mystery also to the owner.

I have always attributed that to my guardian angel but there may be some other more plausible explanation

That you weren’t nervous, and didn’t give the dogs any reason to think that you didn’t belong, because you weren’t sending out fear pheremones?

I don’t know what happened in the first incident, but there may have been some indication of trouble that you sensed at a non-verbal level - maybe a faint smell of burning, or faintly hearing the sounds of people up ahead being angry or fearful. But it could certainly also have been your guardian angel, or the guardian angel of one of the other people in the car, warning you to stay away.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.