InfoWars is behind President Trump’s idea that the media is covering up terrorist attacks

The comments would seem to be a response to the hubbub over Kellyanne Conway having repeatedly cited a non-existent terror attack in Bowling Green, Ky., in recent days. But Trump doesn’t appear to have totally invented this theory on the fly.

Instead, the kernel of the idea appears to have come from – or at least been propagated by – one of his favorite news sources: the conspiracy theory website InfoWars.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/06/trumps-suggestion-that-the-media-is-ignoring-terrorist-attacks-has-a-familiar-source-infowars/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.eae3ab76d88d

In Sicilian there is a saying that you cannot hide a donkey under a bed sheet.

With everyone on line and with smart phones in their hands constantly, I can’t imagine the level of collusion necessary to hide when a terror attack occurs.

Can anyone provide a link to Trump actually saying terrorist attacks have been covered up ?

An event not reported does not equal “cover up”.

I don’t know exactly what Trump said on this, but we do know Trump is very skilled at speaking just vaguely enough so that he can always claim he was being misunderstood when he is caught in a lie.

And since “we” know about his skillfulness, there’s probably no reason to even bother trying to find out exactly what he said, right?

By all means, go ahead and find out. I am just too lazy, since whether he said this is or not is of little consequence. I won’t hold it against him if he did say it.

I searched and could not find any article that quoted him as saying anything about cover-ups.

Trump says enough things to question without having to add misleading titles to news articles.

You guys must not be looking very hard:
Trump says terror attacks ‘under-reported’: Is that true?
Video of Trump’s remarks at the top, followed by BBC’s thorough debunking of Trump’s foolish claims. The press covers terror attacks well.

“Radical Islamic terrorists are determined to strike our homeland, as they did on 9/11, as they did from Boston to Orlando to San Bernardino and all across Europe,” Trump declared at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. “It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported, and in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it.”

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-claims-media-don-t-cover-terrorist-attacks-archives-say-n717651

He did not use the word over-up. He did indicate that the “very, very dishonest” press willfully fails to report terrorist strikes. Nothing about motivation for not wanting to report it. Just the Trumpish elliptical remark.

They have their reasons, and you understand that.

We all know about them…

Spicer, when asked about the remarks said that the president spoke very clearly.

Well, the judge in Seattle said there were none. His word was “zero”. But the article said 23%.

So, who is covering up what … exactly.

Which article said 23%?

As in my other post. Someone is giving Trump very bad advice.

Three examples on that list, from Aus, one is not even terror related, one extremely well covered, tweeted globally during the hours it was occuring, and jury still out on the mental competency of the perp. And one covered on all Aussie news that day.

Is Trump lamenting the lack of international news in the States? He needs to be clear in his statements. :innocent:

I can bet you what happened was that he said that the dishonest media doesn’t report terror attacks. Then when pressed he had someone come up with a list of “under reported terror attacks”.

I can’t imagine this level of snarkiness over Real News.:

archives.fbi.gov/archives/louisville/press-releases/2013/former-iraqi-terrorists-living-in-kentucky-sentenced-for-terrorist-activities

These terrorists caused Obama to impose a 6 month ban on Iragi refugees in 2011. The same ban that the media didn’t cover.

“Court documents filed in this case reveal that the Bowling Green Resident Agency of the FBI’s Louisville Division initiated an investigation of Alwan in which they used a confidential human source (CHS). The CHS met with Alwan and recorded their meetings and conversations beginning in August 2010. The CHS represented to Alwan that he was working with a group to ship money and weapons to Mujahadeen in Iraq. From September 2010 through May 2011, Alwan participated in 10 separate operations to send weapons and money that he believed were destined for terrorists in Iraq. Between October 2010 and January 2011, Alwan drew diagrams of multiple types of IEDs and instructed the CHS how to make them. In January 2011, Alwan recruited Hammadi, a fellow Iraqi national living in Bowling Green, to assist in these material support operations. Beginning in January 2011 and continuing until his arrest in late May 2011, Hammadi participated with Alwan in helping load money and weapons that he believed were destined for terrorists in Iraq.”

Next, they’ll say that fbi.gov is not a credible news source, lol.

They also came up with statements that are wrong. Ie, the Townsville stabbing was a murder, nothing to do with terrorism. The Lindt cafe seige was front page of major newspapers in the states. Chang Cheng was not a policeman. And thats 3 out of the 5 for Australia, so far.
Anyone who believes Lindt was under reported must be living under a rock!

There are also spelling and grammar mistakes on the list. Trump needs to fire someone!

Australian media is having a field day over this list this morning.

It was extensively reported on by the media.

No great surprise.

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.