Inherit the Wind

Hi All:
Just finished watching "Inherit the Wing" with Spencer Tracy and Gene Kelly. What a movie.
I must say I agree with the movies premise and not Darwinism. I wonder how many fundamentalists think this way still?
God Bless
Dave H

All seem to; or at least the ones with whom I’ve ever had religious convos.
Inherit the Wind is an excellent movie and my personal favorite of Spencer Tracy roles. He was so good.
If you are interested in the true story of the “monkey trial”, read The Summer For The Gods" by Edward J. Lawson. Good informational book on the actual trial, the fore and aftermath

Hi all,
It’s been many years since I watched this movie.
I recall Frederic March in one of the main roles. Was this his final film?
God Bless,
Colmcille.

[quote="colmcille1, post:3, topic:214085"]
Hi all,
It's been many years since I watched this movie.
I recall Frederic March in one of the main roles. Was this his final film?
God Bless,
Colmcille.

[/quote]

Dear comicille,

Cordial greetings dear friend and hope all is well.

The final film that Fredric March made was actually a very off-beat western made in 1967 called Hombre, which starred also Paul Newman and Diane Cilento. It was directed by one Martin Ritt and was a slow burner with a great deal of tension and suspense, all the action being played out in the last reel. In my opinion it falls away to a most unecessary and tragic ending but it is a film well worth having in one's collection. It is unavailable in the UK so my copy is a European import which thankfully plays in English.

Fredric March was a great actor who had a great screen presence and I thinky he was as equally as good as Newman in his role in Hombre, possibly even better.

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax

Hi Portrait, my friend,
Great to hear from you again!
Thank you for the information on Fredric March. He was indeed an excellent actor. I think I recall seeing ‘Hombre’ many years ago on TV. I will certainly look out for it in the good DVD stores in Dublin. If none of them have it, I will be sure to pick up another movie starring the great man. I’ll keep you posted on my search!
God Bless,
Colmcille.

Dear colmcille,

Hombre can be ordered on the internet as can quite a few of his other pictures also.

Collecting old classic films/TV series is one of my passions and I especially like the Western genre and all the ITC material like The Champions, Department S, The Saint, Randall & Hopkirk Deceased. One could watch these shows without having to endure expletives, inane nerd humour and sexual innuendo. How the world has changed colmcille!, and not for the better.

Blessings be upon you and may God’s peace be yours now and always.

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax

Actually, Frederic March is being profiled on Turner Classic Movies this month, and his last two movies (according to IMDB) were “Tick…Tick…Tick” (1970) and “The Iceman Cometh” (1973.) Both movies were released after “Hombre.”

Dear havana,

Cordial greetings and nice to hear from you again.

Thankyou for correcting me on that.

Hope all is well. God bless you.

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax

That particular movie is on my netflicks queue, I hear good things about it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.