Injuries caused by avocados 🥑

The article doesn’t mention this specific trick to opening an avocado and removing the pit. Use a cutting board and knife to cut the avocado in half, then use a spoon to remove the pit, then remove the flesh with a spoon. Usually, a nice ripe avocado will all come out with one scoop.

1 Like

I’m at a loss understanding how people are hurting themselves in such numbers. Are they doing it when making the cut or removing the seed?

I jab the seed with a fork or knife and then rotate till it breaks free.

I think they are holding the avocado in their hand while cutting. Then jabbing themselves n the fleshy part of their palm.

Puerto Ricans just carve a slice away…

Like slicing a pear or apple?

Yes. spouse is Puerto Rican. they will pare off a slice onto your plate to serve with the red beans and rice.

1 Like

Never heard of a Puerto Rican getting hurt slicing up an Avocado…

In the midst of such a health crisis, it is long overdue for the creation of the Department of Avocados. We will appoint Ricky Martin as cabinet head to oversee avocado safety & education.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Florida, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our kitchens whatever the cost may be. We shall fight in the cafeterias, we shall fight in the restaurants, we shall fight on picnic tables and during fiestas, we shall fight on Food Network; we shall never surrender.

Donald Trump, is that you? Nope, not enough overuse of Adjectives and redundancy Adjective loaded statements.

…dude, it’s a play on Churchill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.