Intelligence community investigating covert Russian influence operations in the United States

U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies are probing what they see as a broad covert Russian operation in the United States to sow public distrust in the upcoming presidential election and in U.S. political institutions, intelligence and congressional officials said.
The aim is to understand the scope and intent of the Russian campaign, which incorporates cyber-tools to hack systems used in the political process, enhancing Russia’s ability to spread disinformation.
The effort to better understand Russia’s covert influence operations is being spearheaded by James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence. “This is something of concern for the DNI,” said Charles Allen, a former longtime CIA officer who has been briefed on some of these issues. “It is being addressed.”
A Russian influence operation in the United States “is something we’re looking very closely at,” said one senior intelligence official who, as others interviewed, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. Officials are also examining potential disruptions to the election process, and the FBI has alerted state and local officials to potential cyberthreats.
The official cautioned that the intelligence community is not saying it has “definitive proof” of such tampering, or any Russian plans to do so. “But even the hint of something impacting the security of our election system would be of significant concern,” the official said. “It’s the key to our democracy, that people have confidence in the election system.”

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/intelligence-community-investigating-covert-russian-influence-operations-in-the-united-states/2016/09/04/aec27fa0-7156-11e6-8533-6b0b0ded0253_story.html

Why would they bother? The US government has already been doing a fantastic job sowing distrust in our political institutions.

Well being the Clinton campaign has been accusing Trump of having connections with the Russians and the Intelligence Community is run by the Administration which of course favors and gives free passes to Hillary, my guess this is nothing more than politics by the administration.

Jim

I suspect that the US uses cybertools and hacking also. I thought that I heard something about Merkel’s phone calls being monitored by the US?

We need to defend ourselves.

The United States has been under continuous attack from organized Communism since 1917 at least.

Germany needs to defend themselves.

All countries need to defend themselves.

There are persistent stories that outside organizations are paying Americans to post 200 entries PER DAY to create confusion and discord.

[Where do you think BLM came from?]

[Before there was George Soros, there was Armand Hammer. And etc.]

They are contaminating our precious bodily fluids! :smiley:

youtu.be/N1KvgtEnABY

U.S. intelligence agencies are bound by constitutional limits.

Warrants … FISA courts.

But, on the other hand, foreign countries can operate freely in the United States and wire tap and listen in and hack … to their hearts content. Right here.

No legal limits whatsoever.

Ticks me off sometimes.

This story is merely predictive programming to prepare the public for when the globalists hack electronic voting and install their candidate if traditional voter fraud methods fail. Just blame the Russians and voila! “The news” isn’t the news. Most of the time it’s just to prepare us for a decision that the elite have made; to fit black hats for the designated “culprits”; and to manage the fallout.

China is FAMOUS for these activities.

For decades and decades and decades.

Read Clinton Cash for a few names.

No. Please read the book:
American Nuremberg: The U.S. Officials Who Should Stand Trial for Post-9/11 War Crimes Hardcover – April 5, 2016
by Rebecca Gordon (Author)
amazon.com/American-Nuremberg-Officials-Should-Post-9/dp/1510703330

This is kind of ominous, I remember reading from a handful of different places about a month ago, that before the November election, ‘something’ was going to happen, which would lead to the elections essentially being cancelled…making me wonder if those rumors are true and there is a plan in the pipeline, to ensure the ‘right’ candidate comes into power.

It has already happened. Gore received 540,000 more votes than Bush and the results in Florida were dubious. Yet, a couple of judges refused to allow a recount which meant that Bush won. Otherwise Gore would have won.

Read your copy of the Constitution … about the Electoral College.

To prevent tyranny.

To protect small states.

Read this:

frontpagemag.com/fpm/263873/george-soross-open-border-foundations-joseph-klein

And, by the way, the United States is a Republic.

NOT a democracy.

And we have a representative republican form of government, not a parliamentary form.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.