Intention for Job-Possible Lay Off

Good morning-

I am new to forum and really have enjoyed it. Already have received more feedback and support than I could have thought. I was referred to this post for following intentions:

First, for all of my employees who are facing job uncertainty (about 80). They are a a hard working team who have been thru alot over the past 2 years with many job changes/sales, but they keep showing up and working hard. Some have very difficult situations, such as one whose son is in hospital and his body is rejecting his heart transplant from 10 years ago. I just pray that God will watch over them and protect them.

Second, and it might sound selfish, but for me in the same situation. My stress does not show too much at work because I am in charge and I have to be steady and calm for my team, However, my wife and kids see it. Not in any position to lose my job, but I pray God’s will be done. I am really trying to have faith.

Thank you

Will remember you and your employees at Mass this weekend. Prayers to all in this situation…

praying
:signofcross:
Our Father,
Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.

Glory be to the Father
And to the Son
:amen:

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God, creator of the world, re-created it through the Redemption and renews it daily through his love. With joy we pray:

• Lord, renew the wonders of your love.

O God, we thank you for your power, revealed in the whole of your creation;
and for your providence, revealed day by day in the world.
Through your Son, proclaimer of peace and victor on the Cross,
free us from pointless fears and from despair.
To all who love and work for justice,
give the gift of working together in openness and trust, building up the world in true peace.
Support the oppressed, give freedom to captives, console those who mourn:
let the victory of the Cross transform everything.
After your Son was dead and buried you miraculously raised him into glory:
grant that all the dead may come to share eternal life with him.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Almighty and ever-living God, your generosity exceeds what we deserve and even what we ask for in prayer.
Pour out your compassion on us:
forgive whatever is weighing on our consciences,
and grant us gifts that we would not even dare to pray for.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Praying for you and your employees. God Bless.

I thank you for your concern for your employees. Jesus so often we only see the anguish and anxiety of the unemployed. Jesus this good man will have suffered much in the time leading up to the apparently immanent collapse of his business, as much for his employees’ sakes and his own and his family.

Jesus I ask You to give Your merciful assistance to him and to his employees and their families.
Please help him to recover from his stress, and please find work for those who are expected to lose their jobs.
Be merciful, Jesus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.