Inter-denominational Communion

This question is for Protestants:

Who can recieve communion at your church and what other churches can you recieve?

At my church it’s open to all Christians. I can recieve communion at any Christian church that will allow me to.

In the Presbyterian Church, anyone who has been baptized can receive communion. At any church.

At the church which I attend, which is vaguely Calvinist in pedigree but nonpartisan Evangelical in actuality, there is no requirement for baptism or any other concrete qualification. I think the pastor says something about loving or accepting Christ, so just about anyone who identifies as a Christian would be able to licitly receive Communion.

At my church it’s open to all Christians. I can recieve communion at any Christian church that will allow me to.

That’s most unusual for Southern Baptists, based on my experience as one.

The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod practices close communion. This means that only members of the LCMS or Churches in full communion are permitted. That said, I know that when I was ELCA, I was invited to commune, after talking to the pastor in advance, on more than one occasion.

Even if invited, I would not commune in a Church that does not recognize the real presence. I would do this out of respect for my beliefs and the Church I am visiting. I would also never commune at a non-LCMS church without prior permission.

Jon

Any Christian may join us in Foursquare churches.

WELL AT MOST NON=CATHLOIC CHURCH YOU ARE JUST GETTING CRAKERS AND GRAPE JUICE so whats the big deal

Off topic, inflammatory, and rather snarky.

I actually prefer Cr. Ratzinger’s view.

I count among the most important results of the ecumenical dialogues the insight that the issue of the eucharist cannot be narrowed to the problem of ‘validity.’ Even a theology oriented to the concept of succession, such as that which holds in the Catholic and in the Orthodox church, need not in any way deny the salvation-granting presence of the Lord [Heilschaffende Gegenwart des Herrn] in a Lutheran [evangelische] Lord’s Supper.

Jon

Jon May be you need to go back and read the question (how is it off topic,infmmatory and SNArKY) Most Non-cathloic church have grape juice and crakers whats inlammatoru, snaky and off topic,Please explain, I ,m not trying to up set you. god forbed

Bill,
While you and I absolutely agree that the bread and wine become the true and substantial body and blood of Christ, that does not mean that those who don’t see it only as crackers and juice. Many of them see a spiritual presence, or view it as a Christ-filled memorial of what he did. In addition, even among those who deny the real presence, there may be diverse beliefs that would make inter-communion innapropriate.
To me it sounded as snarky as those who call Catholics (and therefore Lutherans, too) cracker worshippers.
Perhaps I misjudged your comment, and for that I apologize. It sounded like (to me) you were denigrating the practice and belief of some of our brothers and sisters. Seems I misunderstood. Again, my apologies.

Jon

how often do most non-Catholic Christian Churches remember the Lords Supper, or have Communion Services. Daily, weekly, etc?

Normally the first Sunday of the month.

Thanks Jon, Maybe we both jump the gun I,m all so sorry,God bless you and Peace be with You

As a Catholic, I would only take Communion from the Catholic Church. Reason is for me to take Communion anywhere else other than a Catholic Church, is to profess that I am in communion with them and their beliefs.

Luther encouraged to be offered regularly (every service), but sadly that isn’t always the practice among American Lutherans, who have been influenced by other Protestants in some of our practices. This infrequency in offering the Euhcarist, thankfully is changing.

Jon

your OPINION was not asked and it was incredibly rude as well.

Our church offers 4 Eucharistic services a week. Bigger churches may offer every day, I don’t know. Anyone who is Christian is welcome and we are free to accept communion anywhere we wish. Jesus invites to the table, not any church as far as we are concerned. We would never presume to turn anyone away.

My church welcomes all who come. I believe that is the way it should be. At a contemporary Eucharist that I go to at an Episcopal church in Indy when I’m in town puts it this way during their version of the Great Thanksgiving (trust me they also have plenty of traditional services as well) “This is the table, not of the Church, but of the Lord. It is made ready for those who love him and for those who want to love him more . So, come, you who have much faith and you who have little, you who have been here often and you who have not been here long, you who have tried to follow and you who have failed. Come, because it is the Lord who invites you. It is God’s will that those who want him should meet him here.”

Thank You for your answer but you sound like all church that what any preacher will say.
Is it more like Bapstist,what is your background,what do they teach,can a ifant get baptisned,what are they believes.THANK again and may Our Lord bless you and your.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.