Interactive Youtube Rosary- All 20 decads in one 14 minute video

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

I am a Catholic music producer from Canada. I was looking for a good online rosary over these Christmas holidays, and found nothing that was up to my standards. So I made my own! :stuck_out_tongue: It uses Youtube’s annotation technology to fit four 20 minute rosaries into a 14 minute video. As far as I know, it is the first of its kind.

You can find the video here:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wxt1Ftf6yCY&feature=g-u&context=G20c8ee3FUAAAAAAABAA

Go ahead and pass it around to anyone who might be interested. It is 100% free and I am going to make sure it stays ad free. My goal is to give internet users an opportunity to grow in their devotion to Mary, the rosary, and increase their prayer life.

In Jesus through Mary,
-Clark

:eek::bigyikes::bowdown2::tiphat::hypno::newidea:

You, sir, are a winner!

I love it! Could you direct me to a link that would help me make such a video? I would love to have one just like the one you made but in Spanish, French, and Latin (Tagalog too, but I would butcher the pronunciation :p)

I am so thoroughly impressed! May Mary smile at you every time someone prays with your youtube video Rosary :smiley:

Wow man I’m glad you like it! I have no idea where to start in linking you somewhere to help you make one. But if you know how to record audio, and have video editing software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, you have all the tools you need! Let me know if it works out for you! :slight_smile:

Felt like I was in training to be a robot.

And I am a large fan of Mary.

Congratulations, but how do you download four 20 minute rosaries (20 decades) into a 14 minute rosary? I’d definitely check it but am on limited downloads.

I did not bother to. I have already been exposed to the version on EWTN, the version the faithful that go to daily Mass do, and a few versions done at family homes,

Imagine going to a play where any of the characters spout out their lines at a rate a machine gun would envy.

What do you mean? That’s not fast.

Good job Clark! Please make a 15-decade one in Latin. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for this link.

Strawberry Jam! You judged the book by its cover! The prayers are on YouTube in such a way to make the video “jump” to the proper place on repeated audio clips. No machine gun recitation at all! :slight_smile:

I think you should listen to the video, Strawberry Jam, or at least read my explanation. Like I said in the first post, the video uses annotation technology. It only contains one decade, that is repeated 5 times each go around. Most of the video is just reflection on the mysteries. I actually recite the rosary pretty slow; some of my buddies would say too slow, lol.

And TrueLight, that’s a very good idea! I need to find someone who speaks Latin better than I do, though. :stuck_out_tongue: If you guys know anyone who speaks multiple languages well, and is interested in doing this sort of thing, tell them to send me the audio and I will make video for it and post it online. :slight_smile:

It looks pretty good. I’ll check it out further when I have the time

Now all we need to do is find someone who can edit the movie the Passion of Christ so that it shows the five passions He enrured and add the music of the Divine mercy chaplet to it, and there’s another epic win

Haha that will have to be my project for the next holiday season! :stuck_out_tongue:

I will do it, I am sorry if I discounted it based on prior experiences.
My personal experiences are nothing like what I have seen in person, or on any video.
I always feel as if there is some rush to simply get the words out as quickly as possible to be done with it.
I will give this a shot. My apologies for the knee jerk (or jerk) reaction.
I do love Mary and most don’t understand why I think about what her life would have been like.
When I have said the Rosary it was not complete, not by the letter of the law so to speak.
I would drift off and think about the things in her life as I would say it.
That would lead me to thoughts about things that would not go in order of what was to be done or said next. I would think about her doing everyday things in life with her son. How she must have worried about him risking death at all times. How he was to die.
All of it gets too be too much for me to continue with the right way to say it.
I start to grasp how she is so much like every mother who loves their child. I start to think about how much trust she had to have to go forward in life with such a thing no other human would ever have to shoulder.
How much she had to struggle, then watching her son die most likely as a widow.
Of all the people in the bible she is the one I think about most often.
Yet she is not mentioned as many times as one would expect.
But, I never expect things to be as I wish them to be.
She surprised me.

Edit to add: I watched it and wished I had had this long ago when I first came on here. This is a wonderful resource and it really gives you time to say each word with care.

I’m glad you liked it man. I wouldn’t worry too much about trying to say the whole thing from start to finish without daydreaming/meditating on Mary. I probably have never said a whole rosary completely focussed on the prayers. This video will hopefully help people like you and I to focus more. I know it helps me, having the audio and text on the screen to guide me along.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.