Interested in what others think

So I just thought I would ask amidst all this venting about single hood....
What do you consider the positives to who you are?...what do you think makes you...you?...:hmmm:

Sarcasm welcome....negativity, not so much...:rolleyes:

Personally, I think I have a rather sharp intellect and I am the eldest of eight children, so I have a lot of "mommy" experience...:D I can cook pretty darn well, although I prefer to bake. Not to be prideful, however it is good to acknowledge, I think, our gifts....interested in hearing what others think of themselves...

I have the ability to make most people laugh. :D I can shoot most types of guns (thanks to my uncle who taught me). And my employees say that I'm pretty awesome to be around. :D

I also can hold my liquor. :cool:

I hear through the grapevine you can sing pretty darn good as well…:wink:

I just started shooting…thanks Dad, love it!
As for the liquor, that is the Irish:shamrock2: blood!

[quote="LilyElain, post:3, topic:181949"]
I hear through the grapevine you can sing pretty darn good as well...;)

I just started shooting...thanks Dad, love it!
As for the liquor, that is the Irish:shamrock2: blood!

[/quote]

Shooting is fun (I pretend the targets are ex-boyfriends and jerkface guys). I found a shooting range about a mile from my apartment. Since the buses don't allow guns, I walk there. No one messes with me. :D :D :D

I can sing, that is true. I should be able to, since it is a part of my user name. Hee.

Great idea for a thread, Lily! :thumbsup:

I know this sounds silly, but I feel very blessed to be built tall and strong. When I was young, I got called “ogre” a lot, but after a bumpy bit with coordination, it enabled me to compete athletically at levels that not so many reach. I think I’m a good researcher and expository writer, and that maybe I’d even be a good creative writer if I wasn’t so slow at it. I think I have an alright singing voice, and I’m thankful that I have the confidence to sing in Mass loudly, even when everyone else is barely singing along. I’d like to take singing lessons to get better at it.

In terms of personality traits… I’d rather just let it show through what I do than talk about it.

Oh, a few more...I am a pretty good creative writer, and I have eyes that really do change colors, and my hair does as well...naturally, I have all three main colors in my hair and it can look more red or brunette or light brown depending...:)

I don't write much and I'm easy to follow. :)

Nice! And a good liar I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: J/k

Who hacked into your account and wrote that?

I have been told that I am very patient and tender hearted. I love to make people laugh.

Well, it was supposed to be what I think of myself. Why are you surprised it’s different from reality? :smiley:

On a lighter note, sarcasm was to be welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

:rotfl:
Well then, I am actually a supermodel. Hee.

I can shoot laser beams out of my eyes. Honestly though, my psyche seems to employ very few and a low intensity of ego defense mechanisms.

I am not single so I will give my impression of single people on CAF.

CountrySinger: Annie Oakley - witty, fun, don't mess with me, can hold her own in most situations. Very tender hearted and loving but feels she has to hide it. Obviously can handle a gun while belting out a song. Best girlfriend material.

Chevalier: Would be a sort of male Q from the Bond movies. Intellectual, a solution for every problem, great to have on your team. A real gentleman but with some sort of Polish mystery about him. Great depth and compassion.

Still getting to know everyone else, will let you know my impressions :thumbsup:

Oh dear I think I might have killed this thread. That was supposed to be lighthearted :o :wink: Hope it wasn’t taken the wrong way…

Positives:
- I write exceedingly well... as well I should since it's my profession
- I speak as well as I write, though I do it too often.
- I am a halfway decent fighter, though well out of practice
- I like to think I'm an OK father.
- I'm very loud, opinionated and stubborn.
- I'm sometimes funny and always sarcastic, but sometimes overly cynical.
- I enjoy and can drink every form of dark liquor without showing ill effects. It's a major source of masculine pride. I can also drink clear liquors too, but what's the point?
- I grow some pretty solid beards and can pull off flannel thanks to my larger build.

Negatives:
- I'm very loud, opinionated and stubborn
- I cannot dance, sing or do anything musical. At all. Nor can I build things or fix things. These are sources of eternal frustration since I value traditional masculine attributes.
- My voice is not particularly low. See note about attributes above.
- I can be very quick tempered.
- The whole sarcasm, cynicism and mean side of me comes out too often. Fortunately the Internet, not this site though, provides "Wild West" outlets where you can flame away and no one takes it badly since it's basically a competition!

[quote="Kindness, post:14, topic:181949"]
Oh dear I think I might have killed this thread. That was supposed to be lighthearted :o ;) Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way....

[/quote]

I like being called Annie Oakley! One of my favorite shows is "Deadwood", and my fav character was Annie. She had the best lines.

[quote="Kindness, post:14, topic:181949"]
Oh dear I think I might have killed this thread. That was supposed to be lighthearted :o ;) Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way....

[/quote]

No, not at all, it wasn't. :) Thank you. :tiphat:

[quote="chevalier, post:7, topic:181949"]
I don't write much and I'm easy to follow. :)

[/quote]

That is what I get for saying sarcasm is welcome....:D

[quote="Kindness, post:13, topic:181949"]
I am not single so I will give my impression of single people on CAF.

CountrySinger: Annie Oakley - witty, fun, don't mess with me, can hold her own in most situations. Very tender hearted and loving but feels she has to hide it. Obviously can handle a gun while belting out a song. Best girlfriend material.

Chevalier: Would be a sort of male Q from the Bond movies. Intellectual, a solution for every problem, great to have on your team. A real gentleman but with some sort of Polish mystery about him. Great depth and compassion.

Still getting to know everyone else, will let you know my impressions :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Well, thanks for the input anyhow...it was not really meant to be for singles only...just to get some positives out there....:)

Must be your Irish luck! :irish2: :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.