Interesting Experience at Mass

Introductions first (for those that don’t know me). I’m a reiki attuned former Catholic. If you wanted to put me in a box, you’d probably say that I’m a nutjob new-ager who believes in crystals, reiki, and feng shui. I’d rather walk a labyrnith than go to church, and I’m one of those wacko’s that is energetically sensitive.

Now that I’m comfortably in a box, I’ll continue. :smiley:

My wife and 4 year old daughter still attend Mass and occasionally I accompany them. The last couple of times I’ve been to Mass at my old parish I’ve noticed something interesting. There is a rising sense of energy throughout the Eucharistic Prayer until it peaks, not at the consecration (as I would have expected), but it actually climaxes at the Lord’s Prayer [edited]. From there, the energy slowly notches back down 'til the recessional.

Just thought y’all might find this interesting.

ah a sensitive. I feel energy build up from around the epiclisis thru the end of the commuion rite. I love doing the mass because of this.
talk about getting a charge out of mass? you could be feeling the energy of the people or the priest. my bishop says I am feeling God doing his thing. I have a friend who is a Usui Reiki Master.
after mass I feel I can heal people and slay demons.

My personal opinion is that it is the people (in this case - I have a deep respect for the ordained priesthood). There have been other instances when dealing with a priest, the sense of energy and power was quite palpable.

As far as the slaying of demons… I’ll leave that task to Divinity. :smiley:

Healing too. :slight_smile:

Is it a steady rising of energy, or accelerating? or decelerating? Are there any spikes in rate?
Does it peak at a particular part of the Lord’s Prayer?
Does this make you feel any different towards Catholicism?
I’ve felt energy at the initial blessing of the gifts, and I’ve cried during the consecration.

Gee, I go to mass to give glory and praise to God through Christ’s sacrifice made present. I’m not looking for energy, entertainment, fashion statements, [edited] clapping, rock band music, etc. All that stuff can be done in the parish hall before or after mass.

God Bless,

Iowa Mike

A steady increase. My perception of it is more of a rising tension.

Does this make you feel any different towards Catholicism?

Not really. But my attitude toward Catholicism is already quite good.

To each his own. :slight_smile:

No, not to each is how…all to God.

God Bless,

Iowa Mike

Play nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

amen.

i also go to Mass because all Heaven participates in the Mass, and I really like being shown things There - things that only They can reveal to me.

I guess I’m selfish :slight_smile:

i was just @ another part of the forum where people were saying tht if you leave the Church you will end up in Hell

I’m not God but i tend to agree with them - more or less

That is, without a doubt, the most entertaining introduction I’ve ever seen on CAF. :thumbsup:

How very special for you. :rolleyes:

Interesting observation, and you may be correct, although the song sung during communion can be pretty rousing at times. I do agree that the Lamb of God after the Sign of Peace is sung in a minor key, which seems to be notching down the energy, but I think it is mainly a different mood of surrender.

Interesting indeed!

I am not sure that I can keep my personal biases isolated enough to accurately evaluate the varying energy levels present during Mass. I am nonetheless fascinated by those with the ability to sense these changes.

Have you had the opportunity to sample other masses? It would be interesting to know if the energy-emission profile remained constant or changed as different priests, parishes, age groups or sanctuary layouts are substituted into the mix.

I would expect there to be some detectable difference in the rise-peak-decline profile when comparing the Extraordinary Form to the Ordinary Form of the Liturgy.

Your thoughts?

…when comparing the parishes with plain wooden pews with those who have static charged cushions?

REALLY!

it’s good to rule out natural causes before evaluating supernatural causes

I think it would be interesting to see a comparison of the ‘energy profile’ from the Ordinary Form to the Extraordinary Form

Nothing special about it at all. Why do you go to
mass, or do you? :smiley:

God Bless,

Iowa Mike

Quoted for Truth.

I actually have attended both forms of the Mass, and I’ve attended many different parishes, as well as different Masses within those parishes.

Many of y’all have commented on the EF form as opposed to the OF. Sorry guys. The one EF Mass I attended (presided by a friend, I might add) I found to be sterile and lifeless. Please note that this is only an observation of one EF mass, by one particular priest. There is an EF Mass in my home city, presided by a priest who is well loved in the diocese - maybe one day I’ll have the chance to attend that Mass.

As far as “normal” Mass goes, the intensity of sensation which I have experienced at my old parish is pretty unique. Other Masses at other churches can be quite different, even energetically “dead” (but sometimes that is a welcome change - the attention and care that one has to give in an energetically charged environment can be quite taxing; sometimes it is nice to go to a place where you don’t have to worry about that).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.