Interesting.

Swedish Pastor Acquitted After Anti-Gay Sermon
Green, 63, was the first clergyman convicted under Sweden’s tough hate crimes (search) laws, which make it a crime to make inflammatory remarks against racial, religious or national groups. The laws were ratified in 2003 to include homosexuals
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,147084,00.html

And so it begins…

This is great news!!! He was aquitted on appeal and the decision specifically mentioned his right to urge others to follow his religious interpretation.

I hope Canadians are reading this too.

This is great news!!! He was aquitted on appeal and the decision specifically mentioned his right to urge others to follow his religious interpretation.

[quote=kmktexas]This is great news!!! He was aquitted on appeal and the decision specifically mentioned his right to urge others to follow his religious interpretation.

[/quote]

I love your outlook…! This glass is half full. :smiley:

[quote=kmktexas]This is great news!!! He was aquitted on appeal and the decision specifically mentioned his right to urge others to follow his religious interpretation.

[/quote]

He’s not out of the woods yet, the conviction could still be upheld. This ruling came from a regional appeals court, and it sounds as if it will go to Swedens Supreem Court before this is settled.
Linda H.

Just curious. Does this law ban Jack Chick comic books?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.