Interlinear Bible

I am looking for a Interlinear Bible, a Peshitta. I want to know if there is one available in print that uses a Catholic version for its English version. Due to the Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek terms thrown at me on a regular basis, I feel the need to learn some of the language in the same fashion that I am learning Latin by using the Vulgate.

Eh, I think there’s something in “Interlinear Bible” forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=106480

Post 7 mentions an Aramaic one.

A Bible interlinear takes each word and gives you the English equivalent usually underneath, and most interlinears do not line it up with a particular translation unless they put it over to the side, but if that is done then you may not be for sure that the specific word you are interested in is what you think it is because the English translation of another language will not have the exact same word order.

There is an interlinear of the Gospels and Act here litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/ARAMAIC+BIBLE+TOOLS

There is also a NT interlinear of the Pesitta on there but it is limited preview, but it does have a lot.

There is also an excellent lexicon, but you may need to take a few minutes to understand how it works.

Hi, tobinatorstark.

I use this interlinear NT: scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

It has the KJV over at the side, but, as COPLAND 3 said, the important part is the Greek words with the literal meaning underneath.

God Bless.

there is this site:
peshitta.org/

Thanks for your links and help. I have been to those sites, but none seem to offer a copy to buy, unless I didn’t look hard enough. Copeland 3, your site was the first I checked because of everything your site entails. I have also seen a site that uses the KJV and I am not looking for the KJV to be present in this interlinear. Again thanks for your help

You can buy those Aramaic interlinears that I use on my site, I have a printed edition myself, but it is not of any more value than the free electronic on online unless you like print better (I do sometimes). I can send you links to order if you like.

But an English translation that is beside the Aramaic text will be of no real value if it is not a translation of that Aramaic text. There was an excellent Peshitta Old Testament with a linked lexicon to every word but the server has not been working on that site for a while. There needs to be a complete NT and OT of the Peshitta with a linked lexicon to each word. The linked lexicons are great study tools.

OK! I found an excellent resource that will allow you examine every Aramaic word of the NT dukhrana.com/peshitta/index.php
It allows you to analyze every word in the verse, just click on analyze at the end of each verse and it will bring up every word and have the definition and other helpful information beside the words. It also allows you to compare it with other English transaltions as well as translations of that Aramaic text.

I have just added it to my site on that page that I provided earlier today.

Tobinator,

I know that you are looking for a Peshitta, but if you need a Greek NT interlinear, the best NT interlinear that I own: amazon.com/Word-Study-Greek-English-New-Testament/dp/0842382909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238625955&sr=8-1

It includes the NRSV New Testament, as well as a literal translation under the Greek itself. But, what makes this book great is that it includes a full concordance which is keyed to every Greek word. It makes referencing each word very easy! I can’t recommend it enough.

My intent with reading the Peshitta is that I can use your resource when I am at my computer and have a printed copy for me to read when I go the cementary to read on warm days. It is always easier to use electronic version while at the computer in discussion and I like to take my Bible or Liturgy of the Hours when I read out the cementary.

Thank you, I will be looking at a Greek NT interlinear. The more I get involved with Catholicism as a whole and watching shows on EWTN, the more Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic and Latin terms come my way. I figure by having Interlinears to help me understand words that coming my way the more I can use in my discussions with others who thirst for knowledge

ad2004.com/prophecytruths/Articles/books/Interlinear.html

This one is on my site, you can check it out to see if it is something you would like to buy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.