Interpret my dream: Teeth falling out?

Recently, I have been having a recurring dream. In this dream, some of my teeth fall out but there is no blood or pain, they just get loose and fall out. In my dream the other night, I remember wobbling one of my back molars with my tongue just before it fell out.

I don’t know what this means. Does anybody have a clue as to why I keep having this dream?

I have had “odd” dreams like that (not usually repetitive, though). My guess would be that consciously or not, you may be worrying about your dental health … has it been awhile since you’ve visited a dentist? If so, maybe it would be good to set up an appointment soon, so you can relieve the worry.

That’s all I can think of :slight_smile:

Do you have the beginnings of a sinus infection? Sometimes they can make your teeth feel “loose.”

It’s a common dream that almost everyone has at times, said to point to fear of aging (losing one’s “bite” or vitality).

I had the same dream a couple of years ago. I looked it up in a dream interpreter and found that good teeth are associated with good health. If you’re dreaming about loosing your teeth, you’re probably dealing with some anxieties about your physical health. It was true for me when I had that dream. I was real concerned about my health at the time.

not qualified and in any case, not sure our dreams have any deep meaning, beyond what we can easily see by reflecting for a while on the literal content, which reflects our brain activity in its most literal mode. however, I’ll join in the fun. just keep retelling the dream and its elements to yourself, exactly as you can remember it, but out loud because that is how the meaningful words will come back to you. for instance, is there a situation in waking life you have to “sink your teeth into” yet where you fear you don’t have the strength or ability to give a good effort? Are you “toothless” in face of a threat, like an old watchdog? I think other posters are right on that in general it may reflect a general concern about the state of your health, or about signs of aging.

Do you grind your teeth at night? A trip to the dentist might be in order.

I’ve kept a dream journal for seven years now, and I’ve found that the vast majority are either completely nonsensical or obviously related to what I’m stressing out about at that time. There’s also the rare dream that makes me sit back and wonder where THAT came from; those are the times that my subconscious is trying to let me know something important that I’ve overlooked – a solution to a problem, or insight into something I wasn’t actively aware WAS a problem. Dreams are your brain’s way of working things out in a different way while you’re asleep. I’ve found that if it tells you something more than once, it’s a good idea to pay attention. =)

IN addition to the other good advice offered here about seeing a doctor and /or a dentist, it could be that there is an issue in your life where you believe you are losing power or becoming helpless.

It could also be an anxiety dream, such as dreaming you are naked in front of a crowd, or (if you were a musician) dreaming that you have to perform but the microphones are too tall or you don’t have the right instrument. In all these examples your are shown as defenseless or incapable in front of a crowd.

<><

I’ve had this dream every single time I’m facing a big life change I’m apprehensive about: a baby, a big move, job change, etc.

You’ll be surprised to find out when you are sleeping, you grind your teeth. That’s how it happens to me. I dream about losing teeth too. :slight_smile:

Don’t take my word for it - don’t have certificate in interpreting dreams. :smiley:

Are you a hockey player with real fear that this can happen to you? :smiley:

Your teeth represent your money and you’re being told to get rid of it.

PM your credit card number to me so I can rid you of this problem. :smiley:

Thanks
Jim

:rotfl:

Well, in Stephen King’s book “The Tommyknockers”, the lead character kept dreaming her teeth were falling out … shortly before the aliens took over her body and the radioactivity caused her teeth to fall out.

Have you stumbled over any UFO’s lately? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had similar dreams too. They are generally meaningless.

Remember, the Bible covers some 2000 years of human history–and there only some half-dozen dreams of any spiritual significance in it.

Does that help put things in perspective?

I see someone else asked about teeth grinding. I grind my teeth in my sleep and have at times slammed them together. I went to the dentist and he made a mouth guard. The dental made ones fit much better than the kinds you can buy to mold to your teeth. They take a while to get used to but if it protects my teeth, I’m all for it. Grinding teeth ruins the enamel. I grew up hearing ‘your teeth will fall out’ and other comments regarding the teeth grinding so I always assumed that’s why I’ve gotten those reoccuring theme dreams. Not the same dream but same theme. They can fall out in rows or crumble into pieces. I haven’t had one in a very long time but when I do get those they would set my whole day out of whack.

Yep, this is what I had been told, once.
It denotes worry/concern deep in our subcon. (expressing itself in dream form).

Is your catholic faith important to you?
Should your potential mate share your faith & values?
Looking for fellowship with other catholic singles?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.